Close Menu
MyGhanaDaily
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    MyGhanaDaily
    Saturday, February 21
    Trending
    • Lyrical Joe Drops “Ogya” – The Ghanaian Rap Scene Just Got Lit
    • “I’m So Grateful for Her”: Kwesi Arthur Opens Up About His Partner’s Role in His Latest EP
    • Busy Body” Loading… Sefa & Stonebwoy Unleash Highly Anticipated Afrobeat Banger
    • Inside the London Studio: The Raw, Joyful Magic Behind King Promise & Mr Eazi’s “That Way”
    • Jamaican Dancehall Icon Popcaan Enstooled as Chief in Ghana: A Viral Moment of Cultural Unity
    • Celebrating the Queen: Wendy Shay Turns 30 and We’re All Here for It
    • West African Ministers Convene in Accra to Promote Women and Youth Leadership in ECOWAS
    • Ghana Refers Maritime Dispute with Togo to UNCLOS
    Your Marketplace Banner
    • News
    • Business
    • Entertainment
      • Music
      • Movies
      • Fashion
      • Celebrity news
    • Sports
    • Health
    • Technology
    • Agriculture
    • Opportunites
    • Videos
    • More
      • Education
      • Tourism
      • History
      • Feature
      • Opinion
      • World
    MyGhanaDaily
    Home»News»Attorney General to pursue case involving Agordzo, nine others
    News

    Attorney General to pursue case involving Agordzo, nine others

    myghanadailyBy myghanadailyApril 26, 2021No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    ACP Benjamin Agordzo 3 750x375 1

    Attorney General, Godfred Dame says his outfit will rely on the testimonies of 19 witnesses to prosecute the ten persons standing trial for their role in an alleged attempt to destabilise the country.

    The ten, including a senior police officer, ACP Benjamin Agordzo, whose initial trial was discontinued, were arraigned on Saturday and are facing new charges of high treason.

    Send your stories to Email: myghanadaily@gmail.com • WhatsApp: +233 577 145 140

    The ten have since been granted bail, with the case adjourned to May 25, 2021.

    Godfred Dame has expressed readiness to pursue the case as the prosecution has been ordered to file disclosures by May 17, 2021.

    “They actually set out to plan on how the President would announce his own overthrow and, in furtherance of that agenda, they set out to manufacture various explosives. They tested those weapons, so you saw a clear physical act on their part, in pursuance of their plan. The Constitution is quite clear that any person, whether acting by himself or in consent with others, who sets out to overthrow the government of Ghana commits an offence and that offence is that of high treason.”

    Agordzo, nine others plead not guilty

    ACP Agordzo and nine others have pleaded not guilty to charges of abetment of high treason, conspiracy to commit high treason and high treason.

    The prosecution, led by the Attorney General entered a nolle prosequi – a decision to no longer prosecute – in the previous case for which a jury had been selected and slapped the accused with fresh charges of high treason and conspiracy to commit high treason.

    The ten were rearrested on Friday, April 23, 2021, by the National Intelligence Bureau (NIB) and arraigned before an Accra High Court.

    The lawyers for the accused prayed the court to grant their clients bail.

    Godfred Dame, who did not oppose the bail application, however, asked the court to make the bail conditions severe, should the application be granted.

    All the accused persons are said to belong to a group called Take Action Ghana.

    In June 2018, security agencies picked up intelligence of the group’s alleged plan to overthrow the government and usurp executive powers.

    Source: citinewsroom.com

    Send your news stories to
    Email: myghanadaily@gmail.com • WhatsApp: +233 577 145 140
    Advertise with us | Follow our WhatsApp channel for more news
    General News
    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Previous ArticleOrganization & planning: Your keys to financial success – Part 2
    Next Article Workers of ECG embark on demonstration against Managing Director
    myghanadaily

    myghanadaily is managed by the Publishing Desk. You can reach us via email; info@myghanadaily.com

    Related Posts

    West African Ministers Convene in Accra to Promote Women and Youth Leadership in ECOWAS

    February 20, 2026

    Ghana Refers Maritime Dispute with Togo to UNCLOS

    February 20, 2026

    Ghana Retains Top Global Ranking in 2025 Mobile Money Regulatory Index

    February 20, 2026
    LATEST NEWS
    • Lyrical Joe Drops “Ogya” – The Ghanaian Rap Scene Just Got Lit
    • “I’m So Grateful for Her”: Kwesi Arthur Opens Up About His Partner’s Role in His Latest EP
    • Busy Body” Loading… Sefa & Stonebwoy Unleash Highly Anticipated Afrobeat Banger
    • Inside the London Studio: The Raw, Joyful Magic Behind King Promise & Mr Eazi’s “That Way”
    • Jamaican Dancehall Icon Popcaan Enstooled as Chief in Ghana: A Viral Moment of Cultural Unity
    SPORTS NEWS

    MILO U-13 Champions League Returns After Five-Year Break

    November 17, 2025

    2026 FIFA WCQ: Ghana beats Mali

    September 9, 2025

    The Black Stars Podcast: A six-part dive into Ghana’s football history, struggles and sparks of glory

    August 30, 2025

    2026 World Cup qualifiers: Black Stars set to open camp on September 1

    August 27, 2025

    Felix Afena-Gyan Joins Amedspor on Season-Long Loan

    August 21, 2025
    Site Search
    No feed found with the ID 1. Go to the All Feeds page and select an ID from an existing feed.

    • About
    • Privacy
    • Terms of Service
    • Contact
    Latest News

    West African Ministers Convene in Accra to Promote Women and Youth Leadership in ECOWAS

    February 20, 2026

    Ghana Refers Maritime Dispute with Togo to UNCLOS

    February 20, 2026

    Ghana Retains Top Global Ranking in 2025 Mobile Money Regulatory Index

    February 20, 2026

    Telecel Foundation Trains 100 Students in Robotics

    February 20, 2026
    About
    About

    myghanadaily.com is one of Ghana’s fastest-growing news platforms, delivering high-quality, creative, and independent news

    Contact us: info@myghanadaily.com

    We're social, connect with us:

      • Facebook
      • Twitter
      • Instagram
      • LinkedIn
      • Youtube
      • medium
      Popular Posts

      Lyrical Joe Drops “Ogya” – The Ghanaian Rap Scene Just Got Lit

      February 20, 2026

      “I’m So Grateful for Her”: Kwesi Arthur Opens Up About His Partner’s Role in His Latest EP

      February 20, 2026

      Busy Body” Loading… Sefa & Stonebwoy Unleash Highly Anticipated Afrobeat Banger

      February 20, 2026

      © 2020-2024. MyGhanaDaily. All Rights Reserved

      • About
      • Privacy
      • Terms of Service
      • Contact
      Recent Posts
      • Lyrical Joe Drops “Ogya” – The Ghanaian Rap Scene Just Got Lit
      • “I’m So Grateful for Her”: Kwesi Arthur Opens Up About His Partner’s Role in His Latest EP
      • Busy Body” Loading… Sefa & Stonebwoy Unleash Highly Anticipated Afrobeat Banger
      • Inside the London Studio: The Raw, Joyful Magic Behind King Promise & Mr Eazi’s “That Way”
      • Jamaican Dancehall Icon Popcaan Enstooled as Chief in Ghana: A Viral Moment of Cultural Unity
      Like Us On Facebook
      Facebook Pagelike Widget
      • Facebook
      • Twitter
      • Instagram
      Banner
      © 2019 -2025 Copyright | MyGhanaDaily.com

      Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.