Close Menu
MyGhanaDaily
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    MyGhanaDaily
    Saturday, August 22
    Trending
    • KNUST Hostel Owners Push Back Against Rent Control Measures
    • Nearly 600 Million Africans Lack Access to Electricity – GAEC Board Chairman
    • Amerado Set to Release New EP, ‘The Price of Becoming’
    • NIA Clarifies Ghana Card Fees, Says Charges Were Approved by Parliament
    • Salome Nketia Announces Maiden Edition of ‘Dwell with Salome Nketia’
    • Jomoro Municipal Assembly Launches Free Primary Healthcare Programme
    • GES Dismisses Claims of GH¢1,500 Payment for SHS Items
    • Hakainde Hichilema Re-Elected Zambia’s President with 60% of Vote
    Janelle Coronation
    • News
    • Business
    • Entertainment
      • Music
      • Movies
      • Fashion
      • Celebrity news
    • Sports
    • Health
    • Technology
    • Agriculture
    • Opportunities
    • Videos
    • More
      • Education
      • Tourism
      • History
      • Feature
      • Opinion
      • World
    MyGhanaDaily
    Home»News»Covid 19: Final year SHS students to remain on campus for mid-sem break
    News

    Covid 19: Final year SHS students to remain on campus for mid-sem break

    MGD NewsBy MGD NewsJuly 20, 2021No Comments3 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email

    The Ghana Education Service (GES) has reversed an earlier directive requiring final-year Senior High School (SHS) and Technical School students to return home during their six-day mid-semester break.

    Although the break is still in effect, final-year students will observe it on campus, but with no academic work.C

    Send your stories to Email: myghanadaily@gmail.com • WhatsApp: +233 577 145 140

    Management of GES in a statement said it had to reverse the directive upon consultation with the Ghana Health Service (GHS) to restrict the “mass movement of students due to the recent outbreak of COVID-19”.

    Academic work will however resume on Monday, July 26, 2021, as stated in the earlier communication.

    In an attached statement from the GHS, the health management body noted that if the students are allowed to go home, such action may present a challenge to the already precarious COVID-19 situation in schools and to a larger extent contribute to community spread.

    It thus recommended as follows:

    The scheduled period for the midterm break be maintained as planned.
    The midterm break should be restricted to campus, and boarding students must not be allowed to go home.
    “These actions are necessary to prevent and control outbreaks in schools and in the general population,” the statement added.

    The GES had previously declared that all form 3 SHS and Technical students were from Tuesday, July 20 to Sunday, July 25, 2021, enjoy the mid-sem break.

    It had informed all heads of Senior High Schools that students who would have wished to go home or would have had difficulty going home should be allowed to remain in the school.

    COVID-19: ‘Schools are currently the safest places in Ghana’ – Nsiah Asare
    Special Advisor on Health at the Presidency, Dr. Anthony Nsiah Asare, believes schools are currently the “safest place” in the country, despite the recent detection of the highly contagious Delta variant of COVID-19 at Achimota Senior High School.

    Apart from the detection of the highly transmissible strain in schools, the Ghana Health Service has indicated that over 2,000 cases of COVID-19 have been recorded in schools since they resumed in January 2021.

    Dr. Asare believes the number is not alarming as it captures the total number of students at the primary, secondary and tertiary levels who had so far contracted the virus across the country.

    “Our secondary schools are the safest places in this country now because they are within the four walls. This [statistics] is for all schools in Ghana, including the tertiary, primary and secondary schools.”

    Dr. Asare pointed out that the relatively low statistics of recorded COVID-19 cases in schools signify the government’s efforts at containing the virus.

    “What this means is that our teachers are doing well, the parents have done so well and the government has also done well by providing them with all the PPE, so the secondary schools are not a bad place to be. “

    source: citinewsroom

    Send your news stories to
    Email: myghanadaily@gmail.com • WhatsApp: +233 577 145 140
    Advertise with us | Follow our WhatsApp channel for more news
    COVID-19 General News SHS
    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Previous ArticleChief Imam to lead Eid-ul Adha prayers at the national mosque today
    Next Article Doctor skeptical over Covid-19 Delta variant in Kumasi
    MGD News

    MGD News  is managed by the Publishing Desk. You can reach us via email; info@myghanadaily.com

    Related Posts

    KNUST Hostel Owners Push Back Against Rent Control Measures

    August 19, 2026

    Nearly 600 Million Africans Lack Access to Electricity – GAEC Board Chairman

    August 19, 2026

    Amerado Set to Release New EP, ‘The Price of Becoming’

    August 19, 2026
    LATEST NEWS
    • KNUST Hostel Owners Push Back Against Rent Control Measures
    • Nearly 600 Million Africans Lack Access to Electricity – GAEC Board Chairman
    • Amerado Set to Release New EP, ‘The Price of Becoming’
    • NIA Clarifies Ghana Card Fees, Says Charges Were Approved by Parliament
    • Salome Nketia Announces Maiden Edition of ‘Dwell with Salome Nketia’
    SPORTS NEWS

    Teenager Gwen Klu to Represent Ghana at Billie Jean King Cup in Botswana

    July 13, 2026

    MILO U-13 Champions League Returns After Five-Year Break

    November 17, 2025

    2026 FIFA WCQ: Ghana beats Mali

    September 9, 2025

    The Black Stars Podcast: A six-part dive into Ghana’s football history, struggles and sparks of glory

    August 30, 2025

    2026 World Cup qualifiers: Black Stars set to open camp on September 1

    August 27, 2025
    Site Search
    • About
    • Privacy
    • Terms of Service
    • Contact
    Latest News

    KNUST Hostel Owners Push Back Against Rent Control Measures

    August 19, 2026

    Nearly 600 Million Africans Lack Access to Electricity – GAEC Board Chairman

    August 19, 2026

    Amerado Set to Release New EP, ‘The Price of Becoming’

    August 19, 2026

    NIA Clarifies Ghana Card Fees, Says Charges Were Approved by Parliament

    August 19, 2026
    About
    About

    myghanadaily.com is one of Ghana’s fastest-growing news platforms, delivering high-quality, creative, and independent news

    Contact us: info@myghanadaily.com

    We're social, connect with us:
    [social]
    [social]
    [social_icon link="https://web.facebook.com/myghanadaily" target="_blank" title="Facebook" type="facebook" /]
    [social_icon link="https://twitter.com/myghanadaily" title="Twitter" type="twitter" /]
    [social_icon link="https://www.instagram.com/myghanadaily/" title="Instagram" type="instagram" /]
    [social_icon link="https://www.linkedin.com/company/ghanadaily/?viewAsMember=true" title="LinkedIn" type="linkedin" /]
    [social_icon link="https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_7Vo_hD-KN5TelebUlHthw?view_as=subscriber" title="Youtube" type="youtube" /]
    [social_icon link="https://medium.com/ghana-stories" title="medium" type="medium"]
    [/social]

    Popular Posts

    KNUST Hostel Owners Push Back Against Rent Control Measures

    August 19, 2026

    Nearly 600 Million Africans Lack Access to Electricity – GAEC Board Chairman

    August 19, 2026

    Amerado Set to Release New EP, ‘The Price of Becoming’

    August 19, 2026

    © 2020-2024. MyGhanaDaily. All Rights Reserved

    • About
    • Privacy
    • Terms of Service
    • Contact
    Recent Posts
    • KNUST Hostel Owners Push Back Against Rent Control Measures
    • Nearly 600 Million Africans Lack Access to Electricity – GAEC Board Chairman
    • Amerado Set to Release New EP, ‘The Price of Becoming’
    • NIA Clarifies Ghana Card Fees, Says Charges Were Approved by Parliament
    • Salome Nketia Announces Maiden Edition of ‘Dwell with Salome Nketia’
    Like Us On Facebook
    Loading...
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Instagram
    Banner
    © 2019 -2025 Copyright | MyGhanaDaily.com

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.