Close Menu
MyGhanaDaily
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    MyGhanaDaily
    Friday, November 28
    Trending
    • The GCC’s Expanding Footprint in Africa: Trade, Investment, and Geopolitical Influence
    • Qatar’s $103bn Investment: Pledging to Deepen Its Influence Across Africa
    • AfDB, EIB Commit $275m to Transform Mauritania’s Mining Railway Corridor
    • Deepening Ghana-Qatar Strategic Relations: Leveraging Economic Diplomacy, Labour Mobility, and Gulf Investments for National Development
    • UNDP and Hormuud Salaam Foundation partner to boost jobs in Somalia’s green and blue economy
    • Digital Marketers’ Conference 2025 Happening Tomorrow
    • Veteran actor William Addo Passes On
    • GAMADA to Hosts First Stakeholders’ Roundtable to Promote Inclusive Management of James Town Fishing Harbour
    Your Marketplace Banner
    • News
    • Business
    • Entertainment
      • Music
      • Movies
      • Fashion
      • Celebrity news
    • Sports
    • Health
    • Technology
    • Agriculture
    • Opportunites
    • Videos
    • More
      • Education
      • Tourism
      • History
      • Feature
      • Opinion
      • World
    MyGhanaDaily
    Home»Business»Banking cleanup: All depositors will be paid – SEC Boss
    Business

    Banking cleanup: All depositors will be paid – SEC Boss

    ComfortBy ComfortOctober 8, 2020No Comments3 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    sec boss
    Director-General of the SEC, Rev. Daniel Ogbarmey Tetteh

    The Director-General of the Security and Exchange Commission (SEC), Reverend Daniel Ogbarmey Tetteh has assured that government will settle the claims of all affected depositors in the recent cleanup exercise of the financial investment sector.

    According to him, out of the 53 affected firms, his outfit has been able to access fully the records of 40 and is working to access the records of a further 7 in order to take them through the liquidation process. He said so far, liquidation orders have been granted to 22 fund managers and processes are in place to pay depositors their investment.

    Send your stories to Email: myghanadaily@gmail.com • WhatsApp: +233 577 145 140

    “As at the end of July when the legal vacation kicked in, the court had granted the official liquidator 22 liquidation orders and we also had full access to the records of 40 out of 47 of the firms because three did not have any claims filed and we did say that there is a government bailout and it will be rolled out in phases. So the phase one will be the firms that the court had granted the liquidation order. Government bailout is for all affected investors and not for only those that liquidation orders have been granted at the time. So that clarity has to be there and it is just a question of time,” he said.

    In November last year, the SEC revoked the licenses of 53 fund managers for failing to settle investors claims due to liquidity challenges while some were indicted for not operating in conformity with the industry’s best practices.

    This followed discussions with government and subsequently the appointment of the Registrar General as official liquidator to see to it that depositors whose funds were locked up in the cleanup exercise were duly paid the money they invested in these fund managers.

    However, speaking in an interview on Accra-based Mx24 TV, the SEC boss explained that the liquidation process so far has gone smoothly. He said the only hitch that has slowed the process is the legal vacation and once the courts resume, more liquidation orders will be granted.

    “We have explained that the bailout is rolled out after two conditions are fulfilled. When your claims are validated and when the liquidation order has been granted. The legal vacation has been on and ended in October this week that is essential when the courts resumes. So we are expecting that we will be getting some more of the liquidation orders granted because they were at various stages before the legal vacation hit. So in terms of liquidation orders, there is nothing new that we can report as I speak,” he added.

    Source: Ghana/Starrfm.com.gh/103.5FM

    Send your news stories to
    Email: myghanadaily@gmail.com • WhatsApp: +233 577 145 140
    Advertise with us | Follow our WhatsApp channel for more news
    Business
    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Previous Article2020 elections is about your future -Bawumia to Ghanaians
    Next Article Asante Kotoko terminate contract with Strike
    Comfort

    Related Posts

    AfDB, EIB Commit $275m to Transform Mauritania’s Mining Railway Corridor

    November 28, 2025

    Deepening Ghana-Qatar Strategic Relations: Leveraging Economic Diplomacy, Labour Mobility, and Gulf Investments for National Development

    November 28, 2025

    Volta Trade and Investment Fair 2025 to Open on November 26

    November 26, 2025
    LATEST NEWS
    • The GCC’s Expanding Footprint in Africa: Trade, Investment, and Geopolitical Influence
    • Qatar’s $103bn Investment: Pledging to Deepen Its Influence Across Africa
    • AfDB, EIB Commit $275m to Transform Mauritania’s Mining Railway Corridor
    • Deepening Ghana-Qatar Strategic Relations: Leveraging Economic Diplomacy, Labour Mobility, and Gulf Investments for National Development
    • UNDP and Hormuud Salaam Foundation partner to boost jobs in Somalia’s green and blue economy
    SPORTS NEWS

    MILO U-13 Champions League Returns After Five-Year Break

    November 17, 2025

    2026 FIFA WCQ: Ghana beats Mali

    September 9, 2025

    The Black Stars Podcast: A six-part dive into Ghana’s football history, struggles and sparks of glory

    August 30, 2025

    2026 World Cup qualifiers: Black Stars set to open camp on September 1

    August 27, 2025

    Felix Afena-Gyan Joins Amedspor on Season-Long Loan

    August 21, 2025
    Site Search
    No feed found with the ID 1. Go to the All Feeds page and select an ID from an existing feed.

    • About
    • Privacy
    • Terms of Service
    • Contact
    Latest News

    AfDB, EIB Commit $275m to Transform Mauritania’s Mining Railway Corridor

    November 28, 2025

    Deepening Ghana-Qatar Strategic Relations: Leveraging Economic Diplomacy, Labour Mobility, and Gulf Investments for National Development

    November 28, 2025

    UNDP and Hormuud Salaam Foundation partner to boost jobs in Somalia’s green and blue economy

    November 28, 2025

    Digital Marketers’ Conference 2025 Happening Tomorrow

    November 27, 2025
    About
    About

    myghanadaily.com is one of Ghana’s fastest-growing news platforms, delivering high-quality, creative, and independent news

    Contact us: info@myghanadaily.com

    We're social, connect with us:

      • Facebook
      • Twitter
      • Instagram
      • LinkedIn
      • Youtube
      • medium
      Popular Posts

      The GCC’s Expanding Footprint in Africa: Trade, Investment, and Geopolitical Influence

      November 28, 2025

      Qatar’s $103bn Investment: Pledging to Deepen Its Influence Across Africa

      November 28, 2025

      AfDB, EIB Commit $275m to Transform Mauritania’s Mining Railway Corridor

      November 28, 2025

      © 2020-2024. MyGhanaDaily. All Rights Reserved

      • About
      • Privacy
      • Terms of Service
      • Contact
      Recent Posts
      • The GCC’s Expanding Footprint in Africa: Trade, Investment, and Geopolitical Influence
      • Qatar’s $103bn Investment: Pledging to Deepen Its Influence Across Africa
      • AfDB, EIB Commit $275m to Transform Mauritania’s Mining Railway Corridor
      • Deepening Ghana-Qatar Strategic Relations: Leveraging Economic Diplomacy, Labour Mobility, and Gulf Investments for National Development
      • UNDP and Hormuud Salaam Foundation partner to boost jobs in Somalia’s green and blue economy
      Like Us On Facebook
      Facebook Pagelike Widget
      • Facebook
      • Twitter
      • Instagram
      Banner
      © 2019 -2025 Copyright | MyGhanaDaily.com

      Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.