Close Menu
MyGhanaDaily
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    MyGhanaDaily
    Friday, August 21
    Trending
    • KNUST Hostel Owners Push Back Against Rent Control Measures
    • Nearly 600 Million Africans Lack Access to Electricity – GAEC Board Chairman
    • Amerado Set to Release New EP, ‘The Price of Becoming’
    • NIA Clarifies Ghana Card Fees, Says Charges Were Approved by Parliament
    • Salome Nketia Announces Maiden Edition of ‘Dwell with Salome Nketia’
    • Jomoro Municipal Assembly Launches Free Primary Healthcare Programme
    • GES Dismisses Claims of GH¢1,500 Payment for SHS Items
    • Hakainde Hichilema Re-Elected Zambia’s President with 60% of Vote
    Janelle Coronation
    • News
    • Business
    • Entertainment
      • Music
      • Movies
      • Fashion
      • Celebrity news
    • Sports
    • Health
    • Technology
    • Agriculture
    • Opportunities
    • Videos
    • More
      • Education
      • Tourism
      • History
      • Feature
      • Opinion
      • World
    MyGhanaDaily
    Home»News»Former NAFCO CEO Hanan Abdul-Wahab Released by EOCO After Re-Arrest Dispute
    News

    Former NAFCO CEO Hanan Abdul-Wahab Released by EOCO After Re-Arrest Dispute

    MGD NewsBy MGD NewsJuly 9, 2026No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email

    Former Chief Executive Officer of the National Food and Buffer Stock Company (NAFCO), Hanan Abdul-Wahab Aludiba, has been released from the custody of the Economic and Organised Crime Office (EOCO).

    Sources familiar with the matter say he was freed unconditionally at about 8:00 p.m. on Wednesday, July 8, 2026.

    Send your stories to Email: myghanadaily@gmail.com • WhatsApp: +233 577 145 140

    His release comes days after EOCO re-arrested him at the Accra International Airport on Saturday, July 4, over allegations that he attempted to use false pretences to gain access to his frozen Republic Bank account before travelling to the United Kingdom.

    The arrest sparked renewed legal disagreements between the Attorney-General’s Office and his legal representatives, who questioned the basis for his detention.

    Deputy Attorney-General and Minister for Justice, Justice Srem-Sai, had earlier stated that the Attorney-General intended to apply to the High Court in Accra for a review of the order that permitted Abdul-Wahab to travel.

    The former NAFCO CEO has been embroiled in legal proceedings over allegations of financial misconduct linked to his tenure at the state-owned company.

    He and his wife, Faiza Seidu Wuni, were previously charged alongside other individuals over alleged financial offences involving NAFCO.

    Those charges were later withdrawn by the Attorney-General’s Office after it said new evidence had emerged, resulting in the discharge of all the accused by the court.

    Despite the withdrawal of the charges, EOCO subsequently re-arrested Abdul-Wahab and his wife, a move that generated controversy over its legality and the procedures followed.

    Abdul-Wahab has consistently denied any wrongdoing, while his lawyers have challenged the state’s handling of the case. EOCO, however, maintains that the re-arrest was lawful and carried out in accordance with due process.

    Meanwhile, his legal team, led by former Attorney-General Godfred Yeboah Dame, insists their client is innocent and has described the Attorney-General’s allegations as misleading and an attempt to justify what they contend was an unlawful arrest at the Accra International Airport on July 4.

    The lawyers further argue that, contrary to claims by the Attorney-General’s Office, no application had been filed before the High Court to review the travel order that allowed Abdul-Wahab to leave the country before he was arrested.

    Source: citinews

    Send your news stories to
    Email: myghanadaily@gmail.com • WhatsApp: +233 577 145 140
    Advertise with us | Follow our WhatsApp channel for more news
    featured
    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Previous ArticleGhana Declines Ramaphosa’s State Visit Request Over Xenophobic Attacks on Ghanaians
    Next Article Energy Commission Signs UAE Partnership to Advance Ghana’s Energy Transition
    MGD News

    MGD News  is managed by the Publishing Desk. You can reach us via email; info@myghanadaily.com

    Related Posts

    KNUST Hostel Owners Push Back Against Rent Control Measures

    August 19, 2026

    Nearly 600 Million Africans Lack Access to Electricity – GAEC Board Chairman

    August 19, 2026

    Amerado Set to Release New EP, ‘The Price of Becoming’

    August 19, 2026
    LATEST NEWS
    • KNUST Hostel Owners Push Back Against Rent Control Measures
    • Nearly 600 Million Africans Lack Access to Electricity – GAEC Board Chairman
    • Amerado Set to Release New EP, ‘The Price of Becoming’
    • NIA Clarifies Ghana Card Fees, Says Charges Were Approved by Parliament
    • Salome Nketia Announces Maiden Edition of ‘Dwell with Salome Nketia’
    SPORTS NEWS

    Teenager Gwen Klu to Represent Ghana at Billie Jean King Cup in Botswana

    July 13, 2026

    MILO U-13 Champions League Returns After Five-Year Break

    November 17, 2025

    2026 FIFA WCQ: Ghana beats Mali

    September 9, 2025

    The Black Stars Podcast: A six-part dive into Ghana’s football history, struggles and sparks of glory

    August 30, 2025

    2026 World Cup qualifiers: Black Stars set to open camp on September 1

    August 27, 2025
    Site Search
    • About
    • Privacy
    • Terms of Service
    • Contact
    Latest News

    KNUST Hostel Owners Push Back Against Rent Control Measures

    August 19, 2026

    Nearly 600 Million Africans Lack Access to Electricity – GAEC Board Chairman

    August 19, 2026

    Amerado Set to Release New EP, ‘The Price of Becoming’

    August 19, 2026

    NIA Clarifies Ghana Card Fees, Says Charges Were Approved by Parliament

    August 19, 2026
    About
    About

    myghanadaily.com is one of Ghana’s fastest-growing news platforms, delivering high-quality, creative, and independent news

    Contact us: info@myghanadaily.com

    We're social, connect with us:
    [social]
    [social]
    [social_icon link="https://web.facebook.com/myghanadaily" target="_blank" title="Facebook" type="facebook" /]
    [social_icon link="https://twitter.com/myghanadaily" title="Twitter" type="twitter" /]
    [social_icon link="https://www.instagram.com/myghanadaily/" title="Instagram" type="instagram" /]
    [social_icon link="https://www.linkedin.com/company/ghanadaily/?viewAsMember=true" title="LinkedIn" type="linkedin" /]
    [social_icon link="https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_7Vo_hD-KN5TelebUlHthw?view_as=subscriber" title="Youtube" type="youtube" /]
    [social_icon link="https://medium.com/ghana-stories" title="medium" type="medium"]
    [/social]

    Popular Posts

    KNUST Hostel Owners Push Back Against Rent Control Measures

    August 19, 2026

    Nearly 600 Million Africans Lack Access to Electricity – GAEC Board Chairman

    August 19, 2026

    Amerado Set to Release New EP, ‘The Price of Becoming’

    August 19, 2026

    © 2020-2024. MyGhanaDaily. All Rights Reserved

    • About
    • Privacy
    • Terms of Service
    • Contact
    Recent Posts
    • KNUST Hostel Owners Push Back Against Rent Control Measures
    • Nearly 600 Million Africans Lack Access to Electricity – GAEC Board Chairman
    • Amerado Set to Release New EP, ‘The Price of Becoming’
    • NIA Clarifies Ghana Card Fees, Says Charges Were Approved by Parliament
    • Salome Nketia Announces Maiden Edition of ‘Dwell with Salome Nketia’
    Like Us On Facebook
    Loading...
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Instagram
    Banner
    © 2019 -2025 Copyright | MyGhanaDaily.com

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.