Close Menu
MyGhanaDaily
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    MyGhanaDaily
    Thursday, August 20
    Trending
    • KNUST Hostel Owners Push Back Against Rent Control Measures
    • Nearly 600 Million Africans Lack Access to Electricity – GAEC Board Chairman
    • Amerado Set to Release New EP, ‘The Price of Becoming’
    • NIA Clarifies Ghana Card Fees, Says Charges Were Approved by Parliament
    • Salome Nketia Announces Maiden Edition of ‘Dwell with Salome Nketia’
    • Jomoro Municipal Assembly Launches Free Primary Healthcare Programme
    • GES Dismisses Claims of GH¢1,500 Payment for SHS Items
    • Hakainde Hichilema Re-Elected Zambia’s President with 60% of Vote
    Janelle Coronation
    • News
    • Business
    • Entertainment
      • Music
      • Movies
      • Fashion
      • Celebrity news
    • Sports
    • Health
    • Technology
    • Agriculture
    • Opportunities
    • Videos
    • More
      • Education
      • Tourism
      • History
      • Feature
      • Opinion
      • World
    MyGhanaDaily
    Home»News»Ho Central NDC office vandalized over political appointments
    News

    Ho Central NDC office vandalized over political appointments

    myghanadailyBy myghanadailyJanuary 22, 2025No Comments3 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email

    Some unidentified youth in Ho, Tuesday night (January 21) broke into the Ho Central Constituency Office of the National Democratic Congress (NDC) and vandalized its equipment.

    It is being alleged that the vandalism was over claims that the area had been sidelined in the ongoing political appointments by President John Dramani Mahama.

    Send your stories to Email: myghanadaily@gmail.com • WhatsApp: +233 577 145 140

    According to eyewitness narration to the Ghana News Agency, a group of masked individuals marched to the office at around 1900 hours and proceeded to break down the barricaded doors to the office. A huge fire was lit right in front of the building, and items including office furniture, ceiling fans and documents were thrown into the inferno. Tyers were set ablaze on the main road leading to the central market, blocking traffic flow while hundreds gathered to watch in amazement.

    According to the account, the youth claimed the Ho Central Constituency had been sidelined in the distribution of political appointments since the inception of the Fourth Republican Constitutions and therefore their action was to draw attention to the neglect. They said the Constituency, the second highest in terms of voter numbers in the Volta region, had consistently secured more than 90 per cent of votes for the NDC, yet they continued to be sidelined in political appointments.

    As the fire continued to burn, more furniture were thrown into it, and it took the timely intervention of Ghana National Fire Service to quell the situation. Regional and constituency executives of the NDC  rushed to the scene and condemned the act. Mr. Theophilus Adzanku, Deputy Constituency Secretary, appealed for peace, assuring that the President would ensure the Constituency received its share.

    “President Mahama will never forget Ho Central. We have worked for the Party and I am appealing to all our supporters to remain calm. Lets all relax and everybody would be satisfied.” He told the media that individuals who perpetrated the act were yet to be identified, and that action would be taken “immediately” to identify them and bring them to book.

    “The Party in the Constituency disassociates itself from this act. We know nothing about it. But we would like to calm our supporters and our teeming youth that the appointments are not over yet,” he said. The Deputy Constituency Secretary reported that computers and other electronic gadgets were destroyed in the act, while membership forms and IDs meant for distribution had also been fed to the flames.

    Source: GNA

    Send your news stories to
    Email: myghanadaily@gmail.com • WhatsApp: +233 577 145 140
    Advertise with us | Follow our WhatsApp channel for more news
    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Previous ArticleMozley Boakye Yiadom wins Captain One 8th Major Championship
    Next Article Fire guts part of Anloga Market
    myghanadaily

    myghanadaily is managed by the Publishing Desk. You can reach us via email; info@myghanadaily.com

    Related Posts

    KNUST Hostel Owners Push Back Against Rent Control Measures

    August 19, 2026

    Nearly 600 Million Africans Lack Access to Electricity – GAEC Board Chairman

    August 19, 2026

    Amerado Set to Release New EP, ‘The Price of Becoming’

    August 19, 2026
    LATEST NEWS
    • KNUST Hostel Owners Push Back Against Rent Control Measures
    • Nearly 600 Million Africans Lack Access to Electricity – GAEC Board Chairman
    • Amerado Set to Release New EP, ‘The Price of Becoming’
    • NIA Clarifies Ghana Card Fees, Says Charges Were Approved by Parliament
    • Salome Nketia Announces Maiden Edition of ‘Dwell with Salome Nketia’
    SPORTS NEWS

    Teenager Gwen Klu to Represent Ghana at Billie Jean King Cup in Botswana

    July 13, 2026

    MILO U-13 Champions League Returns After Five-Year Break

    November 17, 2025

    2026 FIFA WCQ: Ghana beats Mali

    September 9, 2025

    The Black Stars Podcast: A six-part dive into Ghana’s football history, struggles and sparks of glory

    August 30, 2025

    2026 World Cup qualifiers: Black Stars set to open camp on September 1

    August 27, 2025
    Site Search
    • About
    • Privacy
    • Terms of Service
    • Contact
    Latest News

    KNUST Hostel Owners Push Back Against Rent Control Measures

    August 19, 2026

    Nearly 600 Million Africans Lack Access to Electricity – GAEC Board Chairman

    August 19, 2026

    Amerado Set to Release New EP, ‘The Price of Becoming’

    August 19, 2026

    NIA Clarifies Ghana Card Fees, Says Charges Were Approved by Parliament

    August 19, 2026
    About
    About

    myghanadaily.com is one of Ghana’s fastest-growing news platforms, delivering high-quality, creative, and independent news

    Contact us: info@myghanadaily.com

    We're social, connect with us:
    [social]
    [social]
    [social_icon link="https://web.facebook.com/myghanadaily" target="_blank" title="Facebook" type="facebook" /]
    [social_icon link="https://twitter.com/myghanadaily" title="Twitter" type="twitter" /]
    [social_icon link="https://www.instagram.com/myghanadaily/" title="Instagram" type="instagram" /]
    [social_icon link="https://www.linkedin.com/company/ghanadaily/?viewAsMember=true" title="LinkedIn" type="linkedin" /]
    [social_icon link="https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_7Vo_hD-KN5TelebUlHthw?view_as=subscriber" title="Youtube" type="youtube" /]
    [social_icon link="https://medium.com/ghana-stories" title="medium" type="medium"]
    [/social]

    Popular Posts

    KNUST Hostel Owners Push Back Against Rent Control Measures

    August 19, 2026

    Nearly 600 Million Africans Lack Access to Electricity – GAEC Board Chairman

    August 19, 2026

    Amerado Set to Release New EP, ‘The Price of Becoming’

    August 19, 2026

    © 2020-2024. MyGhanaDaily. All Rights Reserved

    • About
    • Privacy
    • Terms of Service
    • Contact
    Recent Posts
    • KNUST Hostel Owners Push Back Against Rent Control Measures
    • Nearly 600 Million Africans Lack Access to Electricity – GAEC Board Chairman
    • Amerado Set to Release New EP, ‘The Price of Becoming’
    • NIA Clarifies Ghana Card Fees, Says Charges Were Approved by Parliament
    • Salome Nketia Announces Maiden Edition of ‘Dwell with Salome Nketia’
    Like Us On Facebook
    Loading...
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Instagram
    Banner
    © 2019 -2025 Copyright | MyGhanaDaily.com

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.