Close Menu
MyGhanaDaily
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    MyGhanaDaily
    Friday, August 21
    Trending
    • KNUST Hostel Owners Push Back Against Rent Control Measures
    • Nearly 600 Million Africans Lack Access to Electricity – GAEC Board Chairman
    • Amerado Set to Release New EP, ‘The Price of Becoming’
    • NIA Clarifies Ghana Card Fees, Says Charges Were Approved by Parliament
    • Salome Nketia Announces Maiden Edition of ‘Dwell with Salome Nketia’
    • Jomoro Municipal Assembly Launches Free Primary Healthcare Programme
    • GES Dismisses Claims of GH¢1,500 Payment for SHS Items
    • Hakainde Hichilema Re-Elected Zambia’s President with 60% of Vote
    Janelle Coronation
    • News
    • Business
    • Entertainment
      • Music
      • Movies
      • Fashion
      • Celebrity news
    • Sports
    • Health
    • Technology
    • Agriculture
    • Opportunities
    • Videos
    • More
      • Education
      • Tourism
      • History
      • Feature
      • Opinion
      • World
    MyGhanaDaily
    Home»Politics»Keta: Assembly Members fail to elect Presiding Member after three attempts
    Politics

    Keta: Assembly Members fail to elect Presiding Member after three attempts

    myghanadailyBy myghanadailyFebruary 21, 2024No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Keta: Assembly Members fail to elect Presiding Member after three attempts
    Photo credit: GNA

    Keta: Assembly Members fail to elect Presiding Member after three attempts

    The Assembly members of Keta Municipal Assembly in the Volta region have failed to elect their Presiding Member for the third consecutive time after the Assembly’s recent inauguration.

    Send your stories to Email: myghanadaily@gmail.com • WhatsApp: +233 577 145 140

    At the end of polls, 17 voted yes with 11 No, and 5 rejected for Mr Wisdom Seadey, who went unopposed after Mr Promise Kofi Baccah, his main contender had withdrawn from the race.

    Mr Rojah Avorgbedor, the Electoral Commission Officer at Keta, told the Ghana News Agency that the results did not give Mr Seadey the required two-thirds majority to occupy the Presiding Membership seat.

    He explained that the act governing the election stipulated that, where the candidates for the Presiding Member position failed to attain two-thirds of the Assembly members on two consecutive run-offs within ten days after the first run-off, the candidates shall be put aside for a fresh nomination.

    “Both Mr Baccah and Mr Seadey are not eligible to participate in fresh nominations unless no other member shows interest,” he stated.

    He said it would be difficult for the assembly to get a Presiding Member if none of the assembly members failed to contest in the next meeting.

    He said there was the need to open fresh nominations for those who have an interest in contesting.

    Some residents, who witnessed the event, described the development as disappointing, saying, “it would delay the development agenda of the area.

    Meanwhile, Mr Seadey, in an interaction with the GNA after the election, expressed disappointment about the outcome of the polls.

    He, however, pledged to work tirelessly with any other person who would occupy the vacant position.

    “I am a bit disappointed about the result, especially the rejected votes. l was not expecting a member of this higher house to spoil a vote.”

    Before he decided to withdraw, Mr Baccah gathered 13 votes at two consecutive meetings as against 20 for Mr Seadey in the previous elections.

    Thirty-three eligible Assembly Members, including 22 elected assembly members, 10 government appointees, and the Municipal Chief executive (MCE) took part in the exercise.

    The house had been adjourned until further notice.

    Some assembly members, the GNA engaged, expressed worry about their inability to ensure a successful exercise.

    Source: GNA

    Send your news stories to
    Email: myghanadaily@gmail.com • WhatsApp: +233 577 145 140
    Advertise with us | Follow our WhatsApp channel for more news
    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Previous ArticleBibiani-Anhwiaso-Bekwai MP cuts sod for construction of Astroturf
    Next Article Akufo Addo, Kufuor on NPP campaign team demonstrates united front — Kobby Mensah
    myghanadaily

    myghanadaily is managed by the Publishing Desk. You can reach us via email; info@myghanadaily.com

    Related Posts

    Hakainde Hichilema Re-Elected Zambia’s President with 60% of Vote

    August 18, 2026

    Mahama to Receive Final Constitutional Review Report on December 22

    December 11, 2025

    Deepening Ghana-Qatar Strategic Relations: Leveraging Economic Diplomacy, Labour Mobility, and Gulf Investments for National Development

    November 28, 2025
    LATEST NEWS
    • KNUST Hostel Owners Push Back Against Rent Control Measures
    • Nearly 600 Million Africans Lack Access to Electricity – GAEC Board Chairman
    • Amerado Set to Release New EP, ‘The Price of Becoming’
    • NIA Clarifies Ghana Card Fees, Says Charges Were Approved by Parliament
    • Salome Nketia Announces Maiden Edition of ‘Dwell with Salome Nketia’
    SPORTS NEWS

    Teenager Gwen Klu to Represent Ghana at Billie Jean King Cup in Botswana

    July 13, 2026

    MILO U-13 Champions League Returns After Five-Year Break

    November 17, 2025

    2026 FIFA WCQ: Ghana beats Mali

    September 9, 2025

    The Black Stars Podcast: A six-part dive into Ghana’s football history, struggles and sparks of glory

    August 30, 2025

    2026 World Cup qualifiers: Black Stars set to open camp on September 1

    August 27, 2025
    Site Search
    • About
    • Privacy
    • Terms of Service
    • Contact
    Latest News

    KNUST Hostel Owners Push Back Against Rent Control Measures

    August 19, 2026

    Nearly 600 Million Africans Lack Access to Electricity – GAEC Board Chairman

    August 19, 2026

    Amerado Set to Release New EP, ‘The Price of Becoming’

    August 19, 2026

    NIA Clarifies Ghana Card Fees, Says Charges Were Approved by Parliament

    August 19, 2026
    About
    About

    myghanadaily.com is one of Ghana’s fastest-growing news platforms, delivering high-quality, creative, and independent news

    Contact us: info@myghanadaily.com

    We're social, connect with us:
    [social]
    [social]
    [social_icon link="https://web.facebook.com/myghanadaily" target="_blank" title="Facebook" type="facebook" /]
    [social_icon link="https://twitter.com/myghanadaily" title="Twitter" type="twitter" /]
    [social_icon link="https://www.instagram.com/myghanadaily/" title="Instagram" type="instagram" /]
    [social_icon link="https://www.linkedin.com/company/ghanadaily/?viewAsMember=true" title="LinkedIn" type="linkedin" /]
    [social_icon link="https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_7Vo_hD-KN5TelebUlHthw?view_as=subscriber" title="Youtube" type="youtube" /]
    [social_icon link="https://medium.com/ghana-stories" title="medium" type="medium"]
    [/social]

    Popular Posts

    KNUST Hostel Owners Push Back Against Rent Control Measures

    August 19, 2026

    Nearly 600 Million Africans Lack Access to Electricity – GAEC Board Chairman

    August 19, 2026

    Amerado Set to Release New EP, ‘The Price of Becoming’

    August 19, 2026

    © 2020-2024. MyGhanaDaily. All Rights Reserved

    • About
    • Privacy
    • Terms of Service
    • Contact
    Recent Posts
    • KNUST Hostel Owners Push Back Against Rent Control Measures
    • Nearly 600 Million Africans Lack Access to Electricity – GAEC Board Chairman
    • Amerado Set to Release New EP, ‘The Price of Becoming’
    • NIA Clarifies Ghana Card Fees, Says Charges Were Approved by Parliament
    • Salome Nketia Announces Maiden Edition of ‘Dwell with Salome Nketia’
    Like Us On Facebook
    Loading...
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Instagram
    Banner
    © 2019 -2025 Copyright | MyGhanaDaily.com

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.