Close Menu
MyGhanaDaily
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    MyGhanaDaily
    Sunday, May 24
    Trending
    • National Ambulance Service Rejects Claims of Poor EMT Training
    • Landlord Arrested Over Alleged Murder of Tenant in Medie
    • Nassco Feeding Minds and Deloitte Commission ICT Centre to Boost Girls’ Digital Skills in Upper West
    • Bagbin Clarifies MPs Can Be Arrested Without Speaker’s Permission
    • COCOBOD Denies Officials’ Involvement in Private Cocoa Buying Activities
    • Doctor Sues Three Major Hospitals, AG Over Alleged Negligence in Brother’s Death
    • SSNIT Denies Plans to Sell Hotels, Clarifies Consultancy Engagement
    • Mahama Begins Two-Day “Resetting Ghana Tour” of Savannah Region
    Your Marketplace Banner
    • News
    • Business
    • Entertainment
      • Music
      • Movies
      • Fashion
      • Celebrity news
    • Sports
    • Health
    • Technology
    • Agriculture
    • Opportunites
    • Videos
    • More
      • Education
      • Tourism
      • History
      • Feature
      • Opinion
      • World
    MyGhanaDaily
    Home»News»President Akufo-Addo presents 175 vehicles, equipment to military
    News

    President Akufo-Addo presents 175 vehicles, equipment to military

    MGD NewsBy MGD NewsFebruary 3, 2023No Comments3 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    nth9
    Getting your Trinity Audio player ready...

    President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo has presented 175 armoured military vehicles and assorted equipment to the Ghana Armed Forces (GAF).

    They include 70 Kamaz Utility Troop Carrying Vehicles, 20 Bronetransporter (BTR-70) Armoured Personnel Carriers, 20 Husky Armoured Vehicles and 65 assorted Toyota vehicles.

    Send your stories to Email: myghanadaily@gmail.com • WhatsApp: +233 577 145 140

    Presenting the equipment at the Burma Camp in Accra yesterday, the President said the vehicles would help the GAF contain security threats from violent extremist and terrorist groups operating along the country’s northern borders, as well as internal security challenges and external peacekeeping operations.

    President Akufo-Addo commended the officers and men of the GAF for their commitment to ongoing operations, especially Conquer Fest, Motherland, GongGong and Halt Two, intended to create a secure and peaceful atmosphere along the northwestern, northern and northeastern borders of the country.

    He said the operations were also aimed at containing secessionist activities and dealing with the unpopular galamsey ventures.

    He urged the officers and men to continue to collaborate with the ministries of National Security, the Interior and Foreign Affairs and Regional Integration and the Ghana Revenue Authority, as well as all public stakeholder agencies, to maintain a robust posture that would deter potential aggressors from derailing the political and socio-economic gains.

    “Your success in providing the needed all-around security in the country had been made possible through your vigilance and sacrifices, notwithstanding the scarce resources that you have to work with.

    I am very grateful, as your Commander-in-Chief,” the President said.

    He said he was aware that economic development could only thrive in an atmosphere of peace and security and that would always come at a cost against other competing demands.

    Notwithstanding all the challenging demands, he said, since his assumption of office, he had made consistent efforts to address the logistics and accommodation needs of the officers and men.

    President Akufo-Addo said with the threat from the northern borders of the country, the government released funds in 2020 to commence the retooling, construction and upgrading of 15 forward operating bases and new units, including the 11 Mechanised Battalions and the 155 and 154 Armored Regiments, with their supporting logistics units.

    He gave an assurance that all the efforts and the provision of the necessary accommodation units would enhance the efficiency of the GAF.

    The Minister of Defence, Dominic Nitiwul, said the ministry and the Military High Command acknowledged and appreciated the determination of the President to equip the GAF to conduct their internal and external responsibilities effectively and with professionalism.

    “We must appreciate your government’s resolve to address the logistics challenge that impede the smooth operations of the GAF,” he added.

    The Chief of Defence Staff, Vice Admiral Seth Amoama, said as part of efforts to resource the Ghanaian Battalion in the UN Interim Security Force for Abie in Sudan (UNISFA) and the meet up with UN status of unit requirement, government had procured a number of vehicles and equipment for the GAF to support the mission.

    He said the vehicles could be inserted into the mission within the next few weeks after receiving clearance from the UN and the government of Sudan.

    Source: myghanadaily

    Send your news stories to
    Email: myghanadaily@gmail.com • WhatsApp: +233 577 145 140
    Advertise with us | Follow our WhatsApp channel for more news
    featured
    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Previous ArticleSONABEL pays a working visit to GRIDCo
    Next Article GAF refutes killing allegations at Bawku
    MGD News

    MGD News  is managed by the Publishing Desk. You can reach us via email; info@myghanadaily.com

    Related Posts

    National Ambulance Service Rejects Claims of Poor EMT Training

    May 22, 2026

    Landlord Arrested Over Alleged Murder of Tenant in Medie

    May 22, 2026

    Nassco Feeding Minds and Deloitte Commission ICT Centre to Boost Girls’ Digital Skills in Upper West

    May 22, 2026
    LATEST NEWS
    • National Ambulance Service Rejects Claims of Poor EMT Training
    • Landlord Arrested Over Alleged Murder of Tenant in Medie
    • Nassco Feeding Minds and Deloitte Commission ICT Centre to Boost Girls’ Digital Skills in Upper West
    • Bagbin Clarifies MPs Can Be Arrested Without Speaker’s Permission
    • COCOBOD Denies Officials’ Involvement in Private Cocoa Buying Activities
    SPORTS NEWS

    MILO U-13 Champions League Returns After Five-Year Break

    November 17, 2025

    2026 FIFA WCQ: Ghana beats Mali

    September 9, 2025

    The Black Stars Podcast: A six-part dive into Ghana’s football history, struggles and sparks of glory

    August 30, 2025

    2026 World Cup qualifiers: Black Stars set to open camp on September 1

    August 27, 2025

    Felix Afena-Gyan Joins Amedspor on Season-Long Loan

    August 21, 2025
    Site Search
    No feed found with the ID 1. Go to the All Feeds page and select an ID from an existing feed.

    • About
    • Privacy
    • Terms of Service
    • Contact
    Latest News

    National Ambulance Service Rejects Claims of Poor EMT Training

    May 22, 2026

    Landlord Arrested Over Alleged Murder of Tenant in Medie

    May 22, 2026

    Nassco Feeding Minds and Deloitte Commission ICT Centre to Boost Girls’ Digital Skills in Upper West

    May 22, 2026

    Bagbin Clarifies MPs Can Be Arrested Without Speaker’s Permission

    May 22, 2026
    About
    About

    myghanadaily.com is one of Ghana’s fastest-growing news platforms, delivering high-quality, creative, and independent news

    Contact us: info@myghanadaily.com

    We're social, connect with us:

      • Facebook
      • Twitter
      • Instagram
      • LinkedIn
      • Youtube
      • medium
      Popular Posts

      National Ambulance Service Rejects Claims of Poor EMT Training

      May 22, 2026

      Landlord Arrested Over Alleged Murder of Tenant in Medie

      May 22, 2026

      Nassco Feeding Minds and Deloitte Commission ICT Centre to Boost Girls’ Digital Skills in Upper West

      May 22, 2026

      © 2020-2024. MyGhanaDaily. All Rights Reserved

      • About
      • Privacy
      • Terms of Service
      • Contact
      Recent Posts
      • National Ambulance Service Rejects Claims of Poor EMT Training
      • Landlord Arrested Over Alleged Murder of Tenant in Medie
      • Nassco Feeding Minds and Deloitte Commission ICT Centre to Boost Girls’ Digital Skills in Upper West
      • Bagbin Clarifies MPs Can Be Arrested Without Speaker’s Permission
      • COCOBOD Denies Officials’ Involvement in Private Cocoa Buying Activities
      Like Us On Facebook
      Loading...
      • Facebook
      • Twitter
      • Instagram
      Banner
      © 2019 -2025 Copyright | MyGhanaDaily.com

      Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.