Close Menu
MyGhanaDaily
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    MyGhanaDaily
    Thursday, August 20
    Trending
    • KNUST Hostel Owners Push Back Against Rent Control Measures
    • Nearly 600 Million Africans Lack Access to Electricity – GAEC Board Chairman
    • Amerado Set to Release New EP, ‘The Price of Becoming’
    • NIA Clarifies Ghana Card Fees, Says Charges Were Approved by Parliament
    • Salome Nketia Announces Maiden Edition of ‘Dwell with Salome Nketia’
    • Jomoro Municipal Assembly Launches Free Primary Healthcare Programme
    • GES Dismisses Claims of GH¢1,500 Payment for SHS Items
    • Hakainde Hichilema Re-Elected Zambia’s President with 60% of Vote
    Janelle Coronation
    • News
    • Business
    • Entertainment
      • Music
      • Movies
      • Fashion
      • Celebrity news
    • Sports
    • Health
    • Technology
    • Agriculture
    • Opportunities
    • Videos
    • More
      • Education
      • Tourism
      • History
      • Feature
      • Opinion
      • World
    MyGhanaDaily
    Home»News»Seven victims of AngloGold Ashanti Obuasi Mine shooting incident laid to rest
    News

    Seven victims of AngloGold Ashanti Obuasi Mine shooting incident laid to rest

    myghanadailyBy myghanadailyJanuary 22, 2025No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email

    Seven individuals who were among the victims of the fatal shooting incident at the AngloGold Ashanti Obuasi Mine, have been laid to rest.

    The  victims, who were members of the Islamic faith were buried at the Obuasi Muslim cemetery, after a solemn Islamic burial prayers was held for them.

    Send your stories to Email: myghanadaily@gmail.com • WhatsApp: +233 577 145 140

    Scores of mourners, family members, friends and other sympathizers joined the burial ceremony, which was led by Imams from the Obuasi Central mosque in a somber atmosphere, to bid final farewell to the departed. Tension in the Obuasi community remained high after the fatal incident, which was sparked by the alleged unauthorized entry of some small scale miners into the concession of AngloGold. One of the four victims, who sustained injuries and was hospitalized at the Komfo Anokye Teaching Hospital in Kumasi, remains in critical condition due to a gunshot wound in a vital area of his body.  The rest are responding to treatment.

    President John Dramani Mahama has initiated an investigation into the shooting incident to help uphold accountability and bring justice to the victims. Dr. Frank Amoakohene, the Ashanti Regional Minister-Designate, led a delegation of the National Democratic Congress to engage with the bereaved families, local youth, and management of AngloGold to help mitigate tensions and promote peace in the area.

    Speaking to the youth after the burial service, Dr. Amoakohene underscored the government’s unwavering commitment to resolving the crisis. He reassured the community of the President’s dedication to seeing the matter through to a just resolution, urging everyone to maintain composure and refrain from acts of vandalism, which could prompt confrontation with the security agencies. He said adequate security measures had been instituted in Obuasi to prevent further disruptions.

     The incident adds to a series of altercations between illegal miners and AngloGold Ashanti, stemming from persistent attempts by local youth to mine for gold on the company’s property.  The longstanding unrest underscores the necessity for a sustainable solution. The ongoing dialogue and discussions among key stakeholders should be able to address the underlying issues and implementation of enduring strategies to avert future occurrence.

    Source: GNA

    Send your news stories to
    Email: myghanadaily@gmail.com • WhatsApp: +233 577 145 140
    Advertise with us | Follow our WhatsApp channel for more news
    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Previous ArticleParliament approves six ministerial nominees
    Next Article Kofi Adams’ nomination is good news – NDC Chair
    myghanadaily

    myghanadaily is managed by the Publishing Desk. You can reach us via email; info@myghanadaily.com

    Related Posts

    KNUST Hostel Owners Push Back Against Rent Control Measures

    August 19, 2026

    Nearly 600 Million Africans Lack Access to Electricity – GAEC Board Chairman

    August 19, 2026

    Amerado Set to Release New EP, ‘The Price of Becoming’

    August 19, 2026
    LATEST NEWS
    • KNUST Hostel Owners Push Back Against Rent Control Measures
    • Nearly 600 Million Africans Lack Access to Electricity – GAEC Board Chairman
    • Amerado Set to Release New EP, ‘The Price of Becoming’
    • NIA Clarifies Ghana Card Fees, Says Charges Were Approved by Parliament
    • Salome Nketia Announces Maiden Edition of ‘Dwell with Salome Nketia’
    SPORTS NEWS

    Teenager Gwen Klu to Represent Ghana at Billie Jean King Cup in Botswana

    July 13, 2026

    MILO U-13 Champions League Returns After Five-Year Break

    November 17, 2025

    2026 FIFA WCQ: Ghana beats Mali

    September 9, 2025

    The Black Stars Podcast: A six-part dive into Ghana’s football history, struggles and sparks of glory

    August 30, 2025

    2026 World Cup qualifiers: Black Stars set to open camp on September 1

    August 27, 2025
    Site Search
    • About
    • Privacy
    • Terms of Service
    • Contact
    Latest News

    KNUST Hostel Owners Push Back Against Rent Control Measures

    August 19, 2026

    Nearly 600 Million Africans Lack Access to Electricity – GAEC Board Chairman

    August 19, 2026

    Amerado Set to Release New EP, ‘The Price of Becoming’

    August 19, 2026

    NIA Clarifies Ghana Card Fees, Says Charges Were Approved by Parliament

    August 19, 2026
    About
    About

    myghanadaily.com is one of Ghana’s fastest-growing news platforms, delivering high-quality, creative, and independent news

    Contact us: info@myghanadaily.com

    We're social, connect with us:
    [social]
    [social]
    [social_icon link="https://web.facebook.com/myghanadaily" target="_blank" title="Facebook" type="facebook" /]
    [social_icon link="https://twitter.com/myghanadaily" title="Twitter" type="twitter" /]
    [social_icon link="https://www.instagram.com/myghanadaily/" title="Instagram" type="instagram" /]
    [social_icon link="https://www.linkedin.com/company/ghanadaily/?viewAsMember=true" title="LinkedIn" type="linkedin" /]
    [social_icon link="https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_7Vo_hD-KN5TelebUlHthw?view_as=subscriber" title="Youtube" type="youtube" /]
    [social_icon link="https://medium.com/ghana-stories" title="medium" type="medium"]
    [/social]

    Popular Posts

    KNUST Hostel Owners Push Back Against Rent Control Measures

    August 19, 2026

    Nearly 600 Million Africans Lack Access to Electricity – GAEC Board Chairman

    August 19, 2026

    Amerado Set to Release New EP, ‘The Price of Becoming’

    August 19, 2026

    © 2020-2024. MyGhanaDaily. All Rights Reserved

    • About
    • Privacy
    • Terms of Service
    • Contact
    Recent Posts
    • KNUST Hostel Owners Push Back Against Rent Control Measures
    • Nearly 600 Million Africans Lack Access to Electricity – GAEC Board Chairman
    • Amerado Set to Release New EP, ‘The Price of Becoming’
    • NIA Clarifies Ghana Card Fees, Says Charges Were Approved by Parliament
    • Salome Nketia Announces Maiden Edition of ‘Dwell with Salome Nketia’
    Like Us On Facebook
    Loading...
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Instagram
    Banner
    © 2019 -2025 Copyright | MyGhanaDaily.com

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.