Close Menu
MyGhanaDaily
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    MyGhanaDaily
    Tuesday, May 19
    Trending
    • Two Ghanaian Brothers and U.S.-Based Woman Indicted in U.S
    • Public Services Workers’ Union Assures NIA Staff Will Resume Work Following NLC Directive
    • eBay Rejects $55.5 Billion Takeover Bid from GameStop
    • JoyNews Impact Makers Awards to Honour Change-Makers Transforming Communities Across Ghana
    • National House of Chiefs Raises Concerns Over Inadequate Allowances and Logistics
    • Korle Klottey Municipal Assembly Launches Revenue Drive to Boost IGF Collection
    • Thaksin Shinawatra Released from Prison After Eight Months
    • John Dramani Mahama to Chair Special Cabinet Meeting on Constitutional Review Proposals
    Your Marketplace Banner
    • News
    • Business
    • Entertainment
      • Music
      • Movies
      • Fashion
      • Celebrity news
    • Sports
    • Health
    • Technology
    • Agriculture
    • Opportunites
    • Videos
    • More
      • Education
      • Tourism
      • History
      • Feature
      • Opinion
      • World
    MyGhanaDaily
    Home»Business»Agyapa deal is good for Ghana- Ofori Atta to MIIF board
    Business

    Agyapa deal is good for Ghana- Ofori Atta to MIIF board

    Nathasia NarteyBy Nathasia NarteyOctober 13, 2021No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    ken ofori atta

    The Finance Minister, Ken Ofori-Atta has charged the Board of the Minerals Incomes and Investment Funds (MIIF) to address all concerns raised by various stakeholders about the Agyapa Royalty Deal before it goes back to Parliament.

    Mr. Ofori Atta who considers the deal as the best for the country said all the necessary consultations will be done before it is submitted to the House.

    Send your stories to Email: myghanadaily@gmail.com • WhatsApp: +233 577 145 140

    The Agyapa Royalty deal was proposed by the government last year to raise funds through minerals royalties for key infrastructure projects, but could not be passed after stakeholders rejected the deal.

    While inaugurating the nine-member board of the Mineral Income Investment Fund in Accra on Tuesday, October 12, 2021, Mr. Ofori Atta said: “You must continue with the work that has been done following the theme of the budget ‘Continuity, Consolidation and Completion’ and address and overcome all the concerns against the Agyapa transaction, so we can go to the market and create the first mineral royalty company in Ghana and in Africa because it is good for Ghana.”

    The Attorney General has looked at it. We had a few stakeholder meetings, and I think the new board should be energised to review that and go through the parliamentary process. I’m unequivocal that it is the way to go in terms of monetising our minerals and finding a way to leverage mining,” he added

    In 2018, Parliament passed the Minerals Income Investment Fund Act 2018, which establishes the Fund to manage the equity interests of Ghana in mining companies and receive royalties on behalf of the government.

     

    The purpose of the Fund was to manage and invest these royalties and revenue from equities for higher returns for the country’s benefit.

    In exchange, the company planned to raise between US$500 million and roughly $1 billion for the government on the Ghana and London Stock Exchanges to invest in development projects.

    However, the deal became a subject of hot debate after the opposition National Democratic Congress and some stakeholders kicked against it.

     

    The woes of the deal were subsequently compounded by a 64-paged corruption risk analysis report released against the deal by the then Special Prosecutor, Martin Amidu.

    The government subsequently suspended the deal.

    Source: myhghanadaily

    Send your news stories to
    Email: myghanadaily@gmail.com • WhatsApp: +233 577 145 140
    Advertise with us | Follow our WhatsApp channel for more news
    Agyapa deal Finance Minister
    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Previous ArticleBOST discovers product adulteration at its Kumasi depot
    Next Article Public sector workers without Ghana card to be denied salaries from 1st December
    Nathasia Nartey

    Related Posts

    Ghanaian SMEs to Benefit from New ENFA Global Funding Partnership

    April 9, 2026

    3Farmate to Launch FAMA AI Robotics for Precision Agriculture in Ghana on April 4th

    March 24, 2026

    Deepening Ghana-Qatar Strategic Relations: Leveraging Economic Diplomacy, Labour Mobility, and Gulf Investments for National Development

    November 28, 2025
    LATEST NEWS
    • Two Ghanaian Brothers and U.S.-Based Woman Indicted in U.S
    • Public Services Workers’ Union Assures NIA Staff Will Resume Work Following NLC Directive
    • eBay Rejects $55.5 Billion Takeover Bid from GameStop
    • JoyNews Impact Makers Awards to Honour Change-Makers Transforming Communities Across Ghana
    • National House of Chiefs Raises Concerns Over Inadequate Allowances and Logistics
    SPORTS NEWS

    MILO U-13 Champions League Returns After Five-Year Break

    November 17, 2025

    2026 FIFA WCQ: Ghana beats Mali

    September 9, 2025

    The Black Stars Podcast: A six-part dive into Ghana’s football history, struggles and sparks of glory

    August 30, 2025

    2026 World Cup qualifiers: Black Stars set to open camp on September 1

    August 27, 2025

    Felix Afena-Gyan Joins Amedspor on Season-Long Loan

    August 21, 2025
    Site Search
    No feed found with the ID 1. Go to the All Feeds page and select an ID from an existing feed.

    • About
    • Privacy
    • Terms of Service
    • Contact
    Latest News

    Two Ghanaian Brothers and U.S.-Based Woman Indicted in U.S

    May 15, 2026

    Public Services Workers’ Union Assures NIA Staff Will Resume Work Following NLC Directive

    May 15, 2026

    eBay Rejects $55.5 Billion Takeover Bid from GameStop

    May 15, 2026

    JoyNews Impact Makers Awards to Honour Change-Makers Transforming Communities Across Ghana

    May 15, 2026
    About
    About

    myghanadaily.com is one of Ghana’s fastest-growing news platforms, delivering high-quality, creative, and independent news

    Contact us: info@myghanadaily.com

    We're social, connect with us:

      • Facebook
      • Twitter
      • Instagram
      • LinkedIn
      • Youtube
      • medium
      Popular Posts

      Two Ghanaian Brothers and U.S.-Based Woman Indicted in U.S

      May 15, 2026

      Public Services Workers’ Union Assures NIA Staff Will Resume Work Following NLC Directive

      May 15, 2026

      eBay Rejects $55.5 Billion Takeover Bid from GameStop

      May 15, 2026

      © 2020-2024. MyGhanaDaily. All Rights Reserved

      • About
      • Privacy
      • Terms of Service
      • Contact
      Recent Posts
      • Two Ghanaian Brothers and U.S.-Based Woman Indicted in U.S
      • Public Services Workers’ Union Assures NIA Staff Will Resume Work Following NLC Directive
      • eBay Rejects $55.5 Billion Takeover Bid from GameStop
      • JoyNews Impact Makers Awards to Honour Change-Makers Transforming Communities Across Ghana
      • National House of Chiefs Raises Concerns Over Inadequate Allowances and Logistics
      Like Us On Facebook
      Loading...
      • Facebook
      • Twitter
      • Instagram
      Banner
      © 2019 -2025 Copyright | MyGhanaDaily.com

      Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.