Close Menu
MyGhanaDaily
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    MyGhanaDaily
    Friday, May 22
    Trending
    • Ghana to Commission 100 New Metro Mass Transit Buses to Boost Public Transport
    • Ghana Postpones Planned Evacuation of Nationals from South Africa
    • Dubai Chambers Deepens Trade and Investment Talks with Ghanaian Institutions
    • Accra Academy to Launch 95th Anniversary Celebrations on May 29
    • Abronye DC Granted GH¢100,000 Bail in False Publication Case
    • develoPPP Ventures Reopens Applications for Ghanaian Start-ups
    • Court of Appeal Orders Bank of Ghana to Restore GN Savings Licence
    • Dzifa Gomashie Reaffirms Support for Youth Empowerment Through Arts and Culture
    Your Marketplace Banner
    • News
    • Business
    • Entertainment
      • Music
      • Movies
      • Fashion
      • Celebrity news
    • Sports
    • Health
    • Technology
    • Agriculture
    • Opportunites
    • Videos
    • More
      • Education
      • Tourism
      • History
      • Feature
      • Opinion
      • World
    MyGhanaDaily
    Home»News»32 persons recruited into Schools Support Program in Obuasi
    News

    32 persons recruited into Schools Support Program in Obuasi

    Janet SaahBy Janet SaahJune 22, 2020No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    persons recruited into school support program 2 750x375 1

    Thirty-two people were on Friday, 19th June 2020 outdoored in Obuasi as recruits of the Schools Support Program; a joint initiative of the Ghana Education Service (GES) and the Youth Employment Agency (YEA).

    The aim of the programme is to engage unemployed youth in various districts to promote a healthy and safe environment to enhance the development and educational achievement of senior high students and staff.

    Send your stories to Email: myghanadaily@gmail.com • WhatsApp: +233 577 145 140

    The recruits will work at the schools as security assistants and kitchen assistants to provide a healthy and safe school setting to deliver excellent academic performance.

    The Municipal Chief Executive (MCE) for Obuasi, Elijah Adansi-Bonah, who inspected the recruits before handing them over to the Education Directorate said the Schools Support Program is an indication of the government’s resolve to create more jobs for the teeming unemployed youth in the country.

    He advised them to be committed and diligent in the discharge of their duties.

    The MCE cautioned them to eschew the tendencies where they will misapply foodstuffs meant for the schools.

    Mr. Adansi-Bonah again told them to guard against partisanship in the discharge of their duties.

    He said, “Your recruitment was done fairly, devoid of partisan considerations so make sure you do away with partisanship in the discharge of your duties.”

    The Municipal Education Director, Regina Teni Mumuni, also said the increase in enrolment as a result of the Free Senior High School policy necessitated the recruitment of additional staff to complement their efforts.

    She expressed satisfaction with the recruitment exercise so far and admonished the personnel to work hard and be law-abiding.

    This way, she said, will enable them collaborate effectively with the heads of their institutions to achieve the purpose of their recruitment.

    On his part, the Obuasi East District Director of the YEA, Mike Afoakwa, said the 32 personnel were recruited from the Obuasi Municipal and Obuasi East Districts.

    They will be posted to Obuasi Senior High and Technical School and Christ the King Catholic Senior High School in the Obuasi Municipality and the Obuasi East District respectively.

    He praised the Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo led government for introducing innovative programs to stem the tide of youth unemployment in the country.

    He also advised the recruits to be disciplined and hardworking to justify the investment made in them by the government.

    Source: citinewsroom.com

    Send your news stories to
    Email: myghanadaily@gmail.com • WhatsApp: +233 577 145 140
    Advertise with us | Follow our WhatsApp channel for more news
    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Previous ArticleGovernment to distribute 350 buses, 840 pick-ups to SHSs – Nana Addo
    Next Article Ghana COVID-19 Private Sector Fund launches #10GhanaChallenge to raise funds for infectious disease isolation and treatment facility
    Janet Saah

    Related Posts

    Ghana to Commission 100 New Metro Mass Transit Buses to Boost Public Transport

    May 21, 2026

    Ghana Postpones Planned Evacuation of Nationals from South Africa

    May 21, 2026

    Dubai Chambers Deepens Trade and Investment Talks with Ghanaian Institutions

    May 21, 2026
    LATEST NEWS
    • Ghana to Commission 100 New Metro Mass Transit Buses to Boost Public Transport
    • Ghana Postpones Planned Evacuation of Nationals from South Africa
    • Dubai Chambers Deepens Trade and Investment Talks with Ghanaian Institutions
    • Accra Academy to Launch 95th Anniversary Celebrations on May 29
    • Abronye DC Granted GH¢100,000 Bail in False Publication Case
    SPORTS NEWS

    MILO U-13 Champions League Returns After Five-Year Break

    November 17, 2025

    2026 FIFA WCQ: Ghana beats Mali

    September 9, 2025

    The Black Stars Podcast: A six-part dive into Ghana’s football history, struggles and sparks of glory

    August 30, 2025

    2026 World Cup qualifiers: Black Stars set to open camp on September 1

    August 27, 2025

    Felix Afena-Gyan Joins Amedspor on Season-Long Loan

    August 21, 2025
    Site Search
    No feed found with the ID 1. Go to the All Feeds page and select an ID from an existing feed.

    • About
    • Privacy
    • Terms of Service
    • Contact
    Latest News

    Ghana to Commission 100 New Metro Mass Transit Buses to Boost Public Transport

    May 21, 2026

    Ghana Postpones Planned Evacuation of Nationals from South Africa

    May 21, 2026

    Dubai Chambers Deepens Trade and Investment Talks with Ghanaian Institutions

    May 21, 2026

    Accra Academy to Launch 95th Anniversary Celebrations on May 29

    May 21, 2026
    About
    About

    myghanadaily.com is one of Ghana’s fastest-growing news platforms, delivering high-quality, creative, and independent news

    Contact us: info@myghanadaily.com

    We're social, connect with us:

      • Facebook
      • Twitter
      • Instagram
      • LinkedIn
      • Youtube
      • medium
      Popular Posts

      Ghana to Commission 100 New Metro Mass Transit Buses to Boost Public Transport

      May 21, 2026

      Ghana Postpones Planned Evacuation of Nationals from South Africa

      May 21, 2026

      Dubai Chambers Deepens Trade and Investment Talks with Ghanaian Institutions

      May 21, 2026

      © 2020-2024. MyGhanaDaily. All Rights Reserved

      • About
      • Privacy
      • Terms of Service
      • Contact
      Recent Posts
      • Ghana to Commission 100 New Metro Mass Transit Buses to Boost Public Transport
      • Ghana Postpones Planned Evacuation of Nationals from South Africa
      • Dubai Chambers Deepens Trade and Investment Talks with Ghanaian Institutions
      • Accra Academy to Launch 95th Anniversary Celebrations on May 29
      • Abronye DC Granted GH¢100,000 Bail in False Publication Case
      Like Us On Facebook
      Loading...
      • Facebook
      • Twitter
      • Instagram
      Banner
      © 2019 -2025 Copyright | MyGhanaDaily.com

      Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.