Close Menu
MyGhanaDaily
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    MyGhanaDaily
    Sunday, May 24
    Trending
    • National Ambulance Service Rejects Claims of Poor EMT Training
    • Landlord Arrested Over Alleged Murder of Tenant in Medie
    • Nassco Feeding Minds and Deloitte Commission ICT Centre to Boost Girls’ Digital Skills in Upper West
    • Bagbin Clarifies MPs Can Be Arrested Without Speaker’s Permission
    • COCOBOD Denies Officials’ Involvement in Private Cocoa Buying Activities
    • Doctor Sues Three Major Hospitals, AG Over Alleged Negligence in Brother’s Death
    • SSNIT Denies Plans to Sell Hotels, Clarifies Consultancy Engagement
    • Mahama Begins Two-Day “Resetting Ghana Tour” of Savannah Region
    Your Marketplace Banner
    • News
    • Business
    • Entertainment
      • Music
      • Movies
      • Fashion
      • Celebrity news
    • Sports
    • Health
    • Technology
    • Agriculture
    • Opportunites
    • Videos
    • More
      • Education
      • Tourism
      • History
      • Feature
      • Opinion
      • World
    MyGhanaDaily
    Home»Feature»Kassena residents appeal for bridges repair
    Feature

    Kassena residents appeal for bridges repair

    MGD NewsBy MGD NewsFebruary 17, 2023No Comments3 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    mjt93
    Getting your Trinity Audio player ready...

    Residents of the Kassena West District and Kassena Nankana Municipality have appealed for the reconstruction of damaged bridges in those areas to ease transportation.

    “These damaged bridges are very important since they enhance free movement of people and enable farmers to cart their produce to market centres,” a resident said.

    Send your stories to Email: myghanadaily@gmail.com • WhatsApp: +233 577 145 140

    The appeal was made when the Upper East Regional Minister, Stephen Yakubu, and a delegation from the Regional Coordinating Council (RCC) inspected some of the damaged bridges.

    During the tour, Mr Yakubu also interacted with the chiefs and residents to reassure them of efforts to improve development in the area.

    Mr Yakubu was accompanied by the Regional Engineer of the Ghana Highways Authority, Philip Samini; the Regional Manager of the Department of Feeder Roads, Paa Bruku-Boateng, and some staff of the RCC.

    The team inspected a concrete bridge between Zorkor and Sirigu which caved in about four years ago, the damaged steel bridge across the Gugura River which connects Navio and Tazika Bagtua to Paga, and a sinking steel bridge that connects to Manyoro.

    The team also inspected the ongoing construction of a GH¢51 million 11-kilometre road from Sumbrungu to Namoo, which will serve as an alternative road to Burkina Faso.

    Mr Yakubu acknowledged the importance of the bridges, and said: “It is essential for the government through the Ministry of Roads and Highways to recognise the current situation as an emergency and take urgent steps to reconstruct them to bring relief to the people”.

    “Indeed, I am not a happy man today seeing the state of the damaged bridges which form part of the many developmental challenges that are eating up the region,” he said.

    He further admitted that the current state of the bridges posed a security risk, and that the necessary proactive measures would be put in place to reconstruct the bridge so that soldiers could use that stretch to respond to any threat to Ghana’s security.

    Mr Yakubu said the Sumbrungu to Namoo road, which connects to Burkina Faso, would reduce the pressure on the Bolgatanga-Paga-Burkina Faso road.

    “Obviously, this road will improve economic activities between the two countries for their mutual benefit,” he said, and commended the contractor for work done so far while urging that the quality be maintained.

    The Regional Engineer of the Ghana Highways Authority said studies had been conducted for the remaining 11 kilometres of the road to be approved and awarded.

    The contractor for the project, Hussein Baba Abdul Muyasir, expressed concern about the delay in payment for work done so far, and urged the government to do the needful so that the project could be completed by the end of the year.

    Source: myghanadaily

    Send your news stories to
    Email: myghanadaily@gmail.com • WhatsApp: +233 577 145 140
    Advertise with us | Follow our WhatsApp channel for more news
    featured
    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Previous ArticleCEGENSA Awarded $1.7 million Grant by Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation
    Next Article AGA donates GH₵1m to KNUST Obuasi campus
    MGD News

    MGD News  is managed by the Publishing Desk. You can reach us via email; info@myghanadaily.com

    Related Posts

    Landlord Arrested Over Alleged Murder of Tenant in Medie

    May 22, 2026

    COCOBOD Denies Officials’ Involvement in Private Cocoa Buying Activities

    May 22, 2026

    Doctor Sues Three Major Hospitals, AG Over Alleged Negligence in Brother’s Death

    May 22, 2026
    LATEST NEWS
    • National Ambulance Service Rejects Claims of Poor EMT Training
    • Landlord Arrested Over Alleged Murder of Tenant in Medie
    • Nassco Feeding Minds and Deloitte Commission ICT Centre to Boost Girls’ Digital Skills in Upper West
    • Bagbin Clarifies MPs Can Be Arrested Without Speaker’s Permission
    • COCOBOD Denies Officials’ Involvement in Private Cocoa Buying Activities
    SPORTS NEWS

    MILO U-13 Champions League Returns After Five-Year Break

    November 17, 2025

    2026 FIFA WCQ: Ghana beats Mali

    September 9, 2025

    The Black Stars Podcast: A six-part dive into Ghana’s football history, struggles and sparks of glory

    August 30, 2025

    2026 World Cup qualifiers: Black Stars set to open camp on September 1

    August 27, 2025

    Felix Afena-Gyan Joins Amedspor on Season-Long Loan

    August 21, 2025
    Site Search
    No feed found with the ID 1. Go to the All Feeds page and select an ID from an existing feed.

    • About
    • Privacy
    • Terms of Service
    • Contact
    Latest News

    National Ambulance Service Rejects Claims of Poor EMT Training

    May 22, 2026

    Landlord Arrested Over Alleged Murder of Tenant in Medie

    May 22, 2026

    Nassco Feeding Minds and Deloitte Commission ICT Centre to Boost Girls’ Digital Skills in Upper West

    May 22, 2026

    Bagbin Clarifies MPs Can Be Arrested Without Speaker’s Permission

    May 22, 2026
    About
    About

    myghanadaily.com is one of Ghana’s fastest-growing news platforms, delivering high-quality, creative, and independent news

    Contact us: info@myghanadaily.com

    We're social, connect with us:

      • Facebook
      • Twitter
      • Instagram
      • LinkedIn
      • Youtube
      • medium
      Popular Posts

      National Ambulance Service Rejects Claims of Poor EMT Training

      May 22, 2026

      Landlord Arrested Over Alleged Murder of Tenant in Medie

      May 22, 2026

      Nassco Feeding Minds and Deloitte Commission ICT Centre to Boost Girls’ Digital Skills in Upper West

      May 22, 2026

      © 2020-2024. MyGhanaDaily. All Rights Reserved

      • About
      • Privacy
      • Terms of Service
      • Contact
      Recent Posts
      • National Ambulance Service Rejects Claims of Poor EMT Training
      • Landlord Arrested Over Alleged Murder of Tenant in Medie
      • Nassco Feeding Minds and Deloitte Commission ICT Centre to Boost Girls’ Digital Skills in Upper West
      • Bagbin Clarifies MPs Can Be Arrested Without Speaker’s Permission
      • COCOBOD Denies Officials’ Involvement in Private Cocoa Buying Activities
      Like Us On Facebook
      Loading...
      • Facebook
      • Twitter
      • Instagram
      Banner
      © 2019 -2025 Copyright | MyGhanaDaily.com

      Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.