Close Menu
MyGhanaDaily
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    MyGhanaDaily
    Thursday, February 19
    Trending
    • Kenpong Travel and Tours to Launch 2026 World Cup Travel Packages
    • Health Ministry Constitutes Committee to Probe Alleged Denial of Emergency Care
    • FDA Shuts Down 16 Food Establishments Over Lack of Hygiene Permits
    • Ga Mantse Escapes Unhurt in Oti Region Road Accident
    • New Cocoa Producer Price Takes Effect for 2025/26 Season
    • NSA Reaffirms Commitment to Timely Payment of Stipends
    • Ministry Provides Psychosocial Support for Victims of Secret Filming Incident
    • Kwaw Kese to Refund Donations Raised for Kwesi Arthur
    Your Marketplace Banner
    • News
    • Business
    • Entertainment
      • Music
      • Movies
      • Fashion
      • Celebrity news
    • Sports
    • Health
    • Technology
    • Agriculture
    • Opportunites
    • Videos
    • More
      • Education
      • Tourism
      • History
      • Feature
      • Opinion
      • World
    MyGhanaDaily
    Home»News»Mahama’s claims about Airports inaccurate – GACL
    News

    Mahama’s claims about Airports inaccurate – GACL

    ComfortBy ComfortAugust 11, 2020No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Kotoka International Airport

    Management of the Ghana Airport Company Limited (GACL) has refuted claims by former President John Mahama that there are plans to cede a huge part of the airport to a Turkish company.

    The Airport company last month refuted claims of privatisation after some staff of the company held a demonstration against the government and their Managing Director.

    Send your stories to Email: myghanadaily@gmail.com • WhatsApp: +233 577 145 140

    The angry workers, clad in red attire, claimed the government, through the Aviation Ministry, intends to hand over the company to a Turkish investor. Although the Aviation Minister, Joseph Kofi Adda dispelled the claims.

    Speaking in an interview with Woezor TV over the weekend, the NDC flagbearer accused government of seeking to cede 66 per cent shares of the GACL to the Turkish partner under the guise of a management partnership agreement.

    “When we were in office, a valuation study of the Kotoka Airport was done and it was valued at over GH¢ 5 billion. It also had an insured value in the region of GH¢3 to GH¢4 billion because a lot of money had been invested in the airport and it had become one of the five best airports in Africa.

    “ We are seeing a strange development where a Turkish company is being given the airport; to take over the airport and run it. For US$70 million we are giving 66% of the airport to a Turkish company. We are against it. It is wrong,” Mr Mahama said.

    However, in a statement, KIA said the former President’s claims are not factual.

    “Claim by Mr Mahama that an investment of $600 million was made at Kotoka is incorrect. The amount may be in reference to funding of projects in all airports including $130 million runway project at Tamale Airport and $25 million new airports in Ho.

    “In conclusion, management of GACL would like to assure the general public that Kotoka International Airport is NOT FOR SALE. The vision of making Ghana the Preferred Aviation Hub and leader in Airport Business in West Africa remains a priority” it said.

    Source: Ghana/Starrfm.com.gh/103.5FM

    Send your news stories to
    Email: myghanadaily@gmail.com • WhatsApp: +233 577 145 140
    Advertise with us | Follow our WhatsApp channel for more news
    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Previous ArticleChina to support Joe Biden while Russia wants Trump to win 2020 election – Intelligence Report reveals
    Next Article Prices of foodstuff to go down this month – ESOKO Ghana predicts
    Comfort

    Related Posts

    Kenpong Travel and Tours to Launch 2026 World Cup Travel Packages

    February 19, 2026

    Health Ministry Constitutes Committee to Probe Alleged Denial of Emergency Care

    February 19, 2026

    FDA Shuts Down 16 Food Establishments Over Lack of Hygiene Permits

    February 19, 2026
    LATEST NEWS
    • Kenpong Travel and Tours to Launch 2026 World Cup Travel Packages
    • Health Ministry Constitutes Committee to Probe Alleged Denial of Emergency Care
    • FDA Shuts Down 16 Food Establishments Over Lack of Hygiene Permits
    • Ga Mantse Escapes Unhurt in Oti Region Road Accident
    • New Cocoa Producer Price Takes Effect for 2025/26 Season
    SPORTS NEWS

    MILO U-13 Champions League Returns After Five-Year Break

    November 17, 2025

    2026 FIFA WCQ: Ghana beats Mali

    September 9, 2025

    The Black Stars Podcast: A six-part dive into Ghana’s football history, struggles and sparks of glory

    August 30, 2025

    2026 World Cup qualifiers: Black Stars set to open camp on September 1

    August 27, 2025

    Felix Afena-Gyan Joins Amedspor on Season-Long Loan

    August 21, 2025
    Site Search
    No feed found with the ID 1. Go to the All Feeds page and select an ID from an existing feed.

    • About
    • Privacy
    • Terms of Service
    • Contact
    Latest News

    Kenpong Travel and Tours to Launch 2026 World Cup Travel Packages

    February 19, 2026

    Health Ministry Constitutes Committee to Probe Alleged Denial of Emergency Care

    February 19, 2026

    FDA Shuts Down 16 Food Establishments Over Lack of Hygiene Permits

    February 19, 2026

    Ga Mantse Escapes Unhurt in Oti Region Road Accident

    February 19, 2026
    About
    About

    myghanadaily.com is one of Ghana’s fastest-growing news platforms, delivering high-quality, creative, and independent news

    Contact us: info@myghanadaily.com

    We're social, connect with us:

      • Facebook
      • Twitter
      • Instagram
      • LinkedIn
      • Youtube
      • medium
      Popular Posts

      Kenpong Travel and Tours to Launch 2026 World Cup Travel Packages

      February 19, 2026

      Health Ministry Constitutes Committee to Probe Alleged Denial of Emergency Care

      February 19, 2026

      FDA Shuts Down 16 Food Establishments Over Lack of Hygiene Permits

      February 19, 2026

      © 2020-2024. MyGhanaDaily. All Rights Reserved

      • About
      • Privacy
      • Terms of Service
      • Contact
      Recent Posts
      • Kenpong Travel and Tours to Launch 2026 World Cup Travel Packages
      • Health Ministry Constitutes Committee to Probe Alleged Denial of Emergency Care
      • FDA Shuts Down 16 Food Establishments Over Lack of Hygiene Permits
      • Ga Mantse Escapes Unhurt in Oti Region Road Accident
      • New Cocoa Producer Price Takes Effect for 2025/26 Season
      Like Us On Facebook
      Facebook Pagelike Widget
      • Facebook
      • Twitter
      • Instagram
      Banner
      © 2019 -2025 Copyright | MyGhanaDaily.com

      Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.