Close Menu
MyGhanaDaily
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    MyGhanaDaily
    Thursday, August 20
    Trending
    • KNUST Hostel Owners Push Back Against Rent Control Measures
    • Nearly 600 Million Africans Lack Access to Electricity – GAEC Board Chairman
    • Amerado Set to Release New EP, ‘The Price of Becoming’
    • NIA Clarifies Ghana Card Fees, Says Charges Were Approved by Parliament
    • Salome Nketia Announces Maiden Edition of ‘Dwell with Salome Nketia’
    • Jomoro Municipal Assembly Launches Free Primary Healthcare Programme
    • GES Dismisses Claims of GH¢1,500 Payment for SHS Items
    • Hakainde Hichilema Re-Elected Zambia’s President with 60% of Vote
    Janelle Coronation
    • News
    • Business
    • Entertainment
      • Music
      • Movies
      • Fashion
      • Celebrity news
    • Sports
    • Health
    • Technology
    • Agriculture
    • Opportunities
    • Videos
    • More
      • Education
      • Tourism
      • History
      • Feature
      • Opinion
      • World
    MyGhanaDaily
    Home»Feature»Pastor, businessman sentenced to 8 years imprisonment for over $2 million fraud
    Feature

    Pastor, businessman sentenced to 8 years imprisonment for over $2 million fraud

    MGD NewsBy MGD NewsJanuary 18, 2023No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email

    A pastor and his accomplice, a businessman, have been sentenced to eight years each for failing to refund an investment worth over $2 million to more than 100 people.

    This was after the court, presided over by Evelyn Asamoah, convicted Rev. Edward Buabeng, Head Pastor of the Liberty Vineyard International Ministries at Dansoman in Accra and his accomplice, Aubrey des-Bordes Mends, on multiple charges, including conspiracy to commit crime and defrauding by false pretence.

    Send your stories to Email: myghanadaily@gmail.com • WhatsApp: +233 577 145 140

    Meanwhile, the court acquitted and discharged Wilfred Brown, an accountant, who had been charged alongside the two.

    Rev. Buabeng and his accomplice both pleaded not guilty to the charges but were found guilty by the court after a full trial.

    The facts of the case as presented in court by the prosecution were that the complainant, John Osei-Safo Kumi, and his wife, Brenda Adolphine Appia, who reside in Dansoman in Accra, invested $7,000 and $6,000, respectively in cash in July 2018 at the Career Link Markets Company Limited in Dansoman, owned by Rev. Buabeng and Mr Mends for a three-month period, with a 40 per cent interest per month.

    The investment matured at the end of October 2018, but the company failed to refund both the principal and the interest to the complainant and his wife.

    “Several efforts made to retrieve the monies proved futile, and the pastor went into hiding. A formal complaint was lodged at the Dansoman Police Station. Subsequently, more customers numbering over 100 who also invested various sums of money amounting to GH¢1,193.136 and $185,408 with the company came to lodge similar complaints against the two persons,” the prosecution said.

    The prosecution said Rev. Buabeng and Mr Mends were later arrested and detained for investigation, and they admitted to the offence in their caution statements, stating that they had enough funds to refund to their customers but failed to honour their promises.

    Investigations by the police further revealed that even though the company was registered at the Registrar General’s Department, it was not given a licence by the Security and Exchange Commission to operate such a business, the prosecution stressed

    Source: myghanadaily

    Send your news stories to
    Email: myghanadaily@gmail.com • WhatsApp: +233 577 145 140
    Advertise with us | Follow our WhatsApp channel for more news
    featured
    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Previous ArticleFinance Minister meets leadership of Individual Bondholders Forum
    Next Article Top 5 Exports Ghana Cashes Big In
    MGD News

    MGD News  is managed by the Publishing Desk. You can reach us via email; info@myghanadaily.com

    Related Posts

    KNUST Hostel Owners Push Back Against Rent Control Measures

    August 19, 2026

    Nearly 600 Million Africans Lack Access to Electricity – GAEC Board Chairman

    August 19, 2026

    NIA Clarifies Ghana Card Fees, Says Charges Were Approved by Parliament

    August 19, 2026
    LATEST NEWS
    • KNUST Hostel Owners Push Back Against Rent Control Measures
    • Nearly 600 Million Africans Lack Access to Electricity – GAEC Board Chairman
    • Amerado Set to Release New EP, ‘The Price of Becoming’
    • NIA Clarifies Ghana Card Fees, Says Charges Were Approved by Parliament
    • Salome Nketia Announces Maiden Edition of ‘Dwell with Salome Nketia’
    SPORTS NEWS

    Teenager Gwen Klu to Represent Ghana at Billie Jean King Cup in Botswana

    July 13, 2026

    MILO U-13 Champions League Returns After Five-Year Break

    November 17, 2025

    2026 FIFA WCQ: Ghana beats Mali

    September 9, 2025

    The Black Stars Podcast: A six-part dive into Ghana’s football history, struggles and sparks of glory

    August 30, 2025

    2026 World Cup qualifiers: Black Stars set to open camp on September 1

    August 27, 2025
    Site Search
    • About
    • Privacy
    • Terms of Service
    • Contact
    Latest News

    KNUST Hostel Owners Push Back Against Rent Control Measures

    August 19, 2026

    Nearly 600 Million Africans Lack Access to Electricity – GAEC Board Chairman

    August 19, 2026

    Amerado Set to Release New EP, ‘The Price of Becoming’

    August 19, 2026

    NIA Clarifies Ghana Card Fees, Says Charges Were Approved by Parliament

    August 19, 2026
    About
    About

    myghanadaily.com is one of Ghana’s fastest-growing news platforms, delivering high-quality, creative, and independent news

    Contact us: info@myghanadaily.com

    We're social, connect with us:
    [social]
    [social]
    [social_icon link="https://web.facebook.com/myghanadaily" target="_blank" title="Facebook" type="facebook" /]
    [social_icon link="https://twitter.com/myghanadaily" title="Twitter" type="twitter" /]
    [social_icon link="https://www.instagram.com/myghanadaily/" title="Instagram" type="instagram" /]
    [social_icon link="https://www.linkedin.com/company/ghanadaily/?viewAsMember=true" title="LinkedIn" type="linkedin" /]
    [social_icon link="https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_7Vo_hD-KN5TelebUlHthw?view_as=subscriber" title="Youtube" type="youtube" /]
    [social_icon link="https://medium.com/ghana-stories" title="medium" type="medium"]
    [/social]

    Popular Posts

    KNUST Hostel Owners Push Back Against Rent Control Measures

    August 19, 2026

    Nearly 600 Million Africans Lack Access to Electricity – GAEC Board Chairman

    August 19, 2026

    Amerado Set to Release New EP, ‘The Price of Becoming’

    August 19, 2026

    © 2020-2024. MyGhanaDaily. All Rights Reserved

    • About
    • Privacy
    • Terms of Service
    • Contact
    Recent Posts
    • KNUST Hostel Owners Push Back Against Rent Control Measures
    • Nearly 600 Million Africans Lack Access to Electricity – GAEC Board Chairman
    • Amerado Set to Release New EP, ‘The Price of Becoming’
    • NIA Clarifies Ghana Card Fees, Says Charges Were Approved by Parliament
    • Salome Nketia Announces Maiden Edition of ‘Dwell with Salome Nketia’
    Like Us On Facebook
    Loading...
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Instagram
    Banner
    © 2019 -2025 Copyright | MyGhanaDaily.com

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.