Close Menu
MyGhanaDaily
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    MyGhanaDaily
    Saturday, May 16
    Trending
    • Two Ghanaian Brothers and U.S.-Based Woman Indicted in U.S
    • Public Services Workers’ Union Assures NIA Staff Will Resume Work Following NLC Directive
    • eBay Rejects $55.5 Billion Takeover Bid from GameStop
    • JoyNews Impact Makers Awards to Honour Change-Makers Transforming Communities Across Ghana
    • National House of Chiefs Raises Concerns Over Inadequate Allowances and Logistics
    • Korle Klottey Municipal Assembly Launches Revenue Drive to Boost IGF Collection
    • Thaksin Shinawatra Released from Prison After Eight Months
    • John Dramani Mahama to Chair Special Cabinet Meeting on Constitutional Review Proposals
    Your Marketplace Banner
    • News
    • Business
    • Entertainment
      • Music
      • Movies
      • Fashion
      • Celebrity news
    • Sports
    • Health
    • Technology
    • Agriculture
    • Opportunites
    • Videos
    • More
      • Education
      • Tourism
      • History
      • Feature
      • Opinion
      • World
    MyGhanaDaily
    Home»News»Court rejects motion to reopen Fantasy Dome
    News

    Court rejects motion to reopen Fantasy Dome

    Ellen NusiBy Ellen NusiJuly 17, 2021No Comments3 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Fantasy Dome

    A motion by the management of the Fantasy Dome at the Ghana International Trade Fair Centre in Accra to reopen the facility was denied by an Accra Circuit Court because other third-party equipment had been locked up there.

    When the Christ Embassy Church’s youth wing held a massive event at the Fantasy Dome on Friday, April 30, 2021, where COVID-19 protocols were flagrantly broken, the police locked it up.

    Send your stories to Email: myghanadaily@gmail.com • WhatsApp: +233 577 145 140

    The applicant should have named the Inspector General of Police as a party to the motion, according to the court.

    In the meantime, the prosecution has not served the accused with its witness statement, despite the fact that the defense has filed their disclosures.

    The prosecution was ordered by the court to file the witness statements they would be relying on by August 18, 2021.

    The case has been rescheduled for a Case Management conference on August 27, 2021.

    Earlier, Mr Lord Delvin Essandoh, who was holding brief for Mr Jerry Avenorgbo, for Mr Edmond Dapaah, the Facility Manager said, the instruments and equipment locked up in the facility belongs to third parties.

    The council had earlier argued that the facility, which serves as a source of livelihood for A4 and other employees has since April 30, 2021, been closed to the public.

    He said it also serves also as a recording studio among other economic activities.

    “Currently, there is pressure on the Management of the facility from third parties because some of the instruments and equipment were hired only for the programme,” he added.

    Mr Essandoh prayed the Court for an order to reopen the Dome and release of the instruments and equipment to restore the livelihoods of the people at the facility.

    Chief Inspector Simon Apiorsornu, who is leading the prosecution has indicated that the State was not opposed to the motion.

    The State in the substantive case amended the charge sheet of the four persons arraigned, for their involvement in the breach of the COVID-19 protocols during the “Pneumatic Night” all-night Service held by the youth wing of Christ Embassy Church.

    Alex Asomani, Wilson Delali Agyemang, and Kumi Nutifafa, all members of the Church, have been charged with conspiracy to commit a crime and three counts of failing to comply with religious body restrictions.
    Mr Edmond Dapaah, the Facility Manager of the Fantasy Dome at the International Trade Fair Centre, was also charged with aiding and abetting criminal activity.

    They pleaded not guilty to all the charges.

    Source: GNA

    Send your news stories to
    Email: myghanadaily@gmail.com • WhatsApp: +233 577 145 140
    Advertise with us | Follow our WhatsApp channel for more news
    Local News
    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Previous ArticleThe “Unknown” Background of the Nok Culture
    Next Article Article 71 Ghana’s democracy – Kofi Bentil
    Ellen Nusi

    Related Posts

    Two Ghanaian Brothers and U.S.-Based Woman Indicted in U.S

    May 15, 2026

    Public Services Workers’ Union Assures NIA Staff Will Resume Work Following NLC Directive

    May 15, 2026

    eBay Rejects $55.5 Billion Takeover Bid from GameStop

    May 15, 2026
    LATEST NEWS
    • Two Ghanaian Brothers and U.S.-Based Woman Indicted in U.S
    • Public Services Workers’ Union Assures NIA Staff Will Resume Work Following NLC Directive
    • eBay Rejects $55.5 Billion Takeover Bid from GameStop
    • JoyNews Impact Makers Awards to Honour Change-Makers Transforming Communities Across Ghana
    • National House of Chiefs Raises Concerns Over Inadequate Allowances and Logistics
    SPORTS NEWS

    MILO U-13 Champions League Returns After Five-Year Break

    November 17, 2025

    2026 FIFA WCQ: Ghana beats Mali

    September 9, 2025

    The Black Stars Podcast: A six-part dive into Ghana’s football history, struggles and sparks of glory

    August 30, 2025

    2026 World Cup qualifiers: Black Stars set to open camp on September 1

    August 27, 2025

    Felix Afena-Gyan Joins Amedspor on Season-Long Loan

    August 21, 2025
    Site Search
    No feed found with the ID 1. Go to the All Feeds page and select an ID from an existing feed.

    • About
    • Privacy
    • Terms of Service
    • Contact
    Latest News

    Two Ghanaian Brothers and U.S.-Based Woman Indicted in U.S

    May 15, 2026

    Public Services Workers’ Union Assures NIA Staff Will Resume Work Following NLC Directive

    May 15, 2026

    eBay Rejects $55.5 Billion Takeover Bid from GameStop

    May 15, 2026

    JoyNews Impact Makers Awards to Honour Change-Makers Transforming Communities Across Ghana

    May 15, 2026
    About
    About

    myghanadaily.com is one of Ghana’s fastest-growing news platforms, delivering high-quality, creative, and independent news

    Contact us: info@myghanadaily.com

    We're social, connect with us:

      • Facebook
      • Twitter
      • Instagram
      • LinkedIn
      • Youtube
      • medium
      Popular Posts

      Two Ghanaian Brothers and U.S.-Based Woman Indicted in U.S

      May 15, 2026

      Public Services Workers’ Union Assures NIA Staff Will Resume Work Following NLC Directive

      May 15, 2026

      eBay Rejects $55.5 Billion Takeover Bid from GameStop

      May 15, 2026

      © 2020-2024. MyGhanaDaily. All Rights Reserved

      • About
      • Privacy
      • Terms of Service
      • Contact
      Recent Posts
      • Two Ghanaian Brothers and U.S.-Based Woman Indicted in U.S
      • Public Services Workers’ Union Assures NIA Staff Will Resume Work Following NLC Directive
      • eBay Rejects $55.5 Billion Takeover Bid from GameStop
      • JoyNews Impact Makers Awards to Honour Change-Makers Transforming Communities Across Ghana
      • National House of Chiefs Raises Concerns Over Inadequate Allowances and Logistics
      Like Us On Facebook
      Loading...
      • Facebook
      • Twitter
      • Instagram
      Banner
      © 2019 -2025 Copyright | MyGhanaDaily.com

      Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.