Close Menu
MyGhanaDaily
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    MyGhanaDaily
    Tuesday, May 19
    Trending
    • Government Approves Recruitment of 8,000 Health Workers
    • Two Ghanaian Brothers and U.S.-Based Woman Indicted in U.S
    • Public Services Workers’ Union Assures NIA Staff Will Resume Work Following NLC Directive
    • eBay Rejects $55.5 Billion Takeover Bid from GameStop
    • JoyNews Impact Makers Awards to Honour Change-Makers Transforming Communities Across Ghana
    • National House of Chiefs Raises Concerns Over Inadequate Allowances and Logistics
    • Korle Klottey Municipal Assembly Launches Revenue Drive to Boost IGF Collection
    • Thaksin Shinawatra Released from Prison After Eight Months
    Your Marketplace Banner
    • News
    • Business
    • Entertainment
      • Music
      • Movies
      • Fashion
      • Celebrity news
    • Sports
    • Health
    • Technology
    • Agriculture
    • Opportunites
    • Videos
    • More
      • Education
      • Tourism
      • History
      • Feature
      • Opinion
      • World
    MyGhanaDaily
    Home»News»Gov’t scholarship beneficiaries to undergo training at 1D1F
    News

    Gov’t scholarship beneficiaries to undergo training at 1D1F

    myghanadailyBy myghanadailyMarch 29, 2021No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    kinglsey agyeman

    Students on government scholarship will now undertake practical attachment at a One District, One Factory (1D1F) in their communities.

    The move is part of measures to link academia with industry and afford students practical experience before they enter the world of work.

    Send your stories to Email: myghanadaily@gmail.com • WhatsApp: +233 577 145 140

    The first batch of the students numbering about 5,000, will be paid a monthly stipend equivalent to what the Nation Builders Corps (NABCO) beneficiaries are receiving.

    Speaking to the Daily Graphic in an interview on March 23, the Registrar of Government Scholarship Secretariat, Mr Kingsley Agyemang, said almost every issue about the programme had been concluded, and that but for the COVID-19 pandemic, the first batch would have started last year.

    Beginning

    For a start, he said, only students in levels 100 and 400 would be made to undergo the practical training, to learn at first hand what they had been taught in the lecture halls as well as whip up their interest in setting up their own industries.

    He gave an assurance that the secretariat had the required resources and the data to execute the programme.

    Mr Agyemang stated that his outfit had completed discussions with almost all the factories as part of President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo’s vision of linking industry to academia and also ensure that products of tertiary institutions were not found wanting when they entered the world of work.

    Big announcement

    Touching on the launch of an online application portal for the scholarship, he said after the successful launch in April, last year, more than 300,000 applicants had submitted their applications.

    He said the President directed that the Scholarships Secretariat immediately open the online portal for free SHS graduates to apply for scholarships for their tertiary education as soon as possible.

    “This is an opportunity for our cherished first beneficiaries of the Free SHS policy who would be eligible to once again enjoy a tuition-free tertiary education in Ghana,” he added.

    Mr Agyemang said the secretariat was currently undertaking validation of successful applicants to cross-check against their schools, school fees and other relevant information to pave the way for the granting of the scholarships.

    Source: www.graphic.com.gh

    Send your news stories to
    Email: myghanadaily@gmail.com • WhatsApp: +233 577 145 140
    Advertise with us | Follow our WhatsApp channel for more news
    General News
    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Previous ArticleBawumia outlines Akufo-Addo’s first term accomplishments
    Next Article France was ‘blindfolded’ to Rwanda genocide – French Report reveals
    myghanadaily

    myghanadaily is managed by the Publishing Desk. You can reach us via email; info@myghanadaily.com

    Related Posts

    Government Approves Recruitment of 8,000 Health Workers

    May 19, 2026

    Two Ghanaian Brothers and U.S.-Based Woman Indicted in U.S

    May 15, 2026

    Public Services Workers’ Union Assures NIA Staff Will Resume Work Following NLC Directive

    May 15, 2026
    LATEST NEWS
    • Government Approves Recruitment of 8,000 Health Workers
    • Two Ghanaian Brothers and U.S.-Based Woman Indicted in U.S
    • Public Services Workers’ Union Assures NIA Staff Will Resume Work Following NLC Directive
    • eBay Rejects $55.5 Billion Takeover Bid from GameStop
    • JoyNews Impact Makers Awards to Honour Change-Makers Transforming Communities Across Ghana
    SPORTS NEWS

    MILO U-13 Champions League Returns After Five-Year Break

    November 17, 2025

    2026 FIFA WCQ: Ghana beats Mali

    September 9, 2025

    The Black Stars Podcast: A six-part dive into Ghana’s football history, struggles and sparks of glory

    August 30, 2025

    2026 World Cup qualifiers: Black Stars set to open camp on September 1

    August 27, 2025

    Felix Afena-Gyan Joins Amedspor on Season-Long Loan

    August 21, 2025
    Site Search
    No feed found with the ID 1. Go to the All Feeds page and select an ID from an existing feed.

    • About
    • Privacy
    • Terms of Service
    • Contact
    Latest News

    Government Approves Recruitment of 8,000 Health Workers

    May 19, 2026

    Two Ghanaian Brothers and U.S.-Based Woman Indicted in U.S

    May 15, 2026

    Public Services Workers’ Union Assures NIA Staff Will Resume Work Following NLC Directive

    May 15, 2026

    eBay Rejects $55.5 Billion Takeover Bid from GameStop

    May 15, 2026
    About
    About

    myghanadaily.com is one of Ghana’s fastest-growing news platforms, delivering high-quality, creative, and independent news

    Contact us: info@myghanadaily.com

    We're social, connect with us:

      • Facebook
      • Twitter
      • Instagram
      • LinkedIn
      • Youtube
      • medium
      Popular Posts

      Government Approves Recruitment of 8,000 Health Workers

      May 19, 2026

      Two Ghanaian Brothers and U.S.-Based Woman Indicted in U.S

      May 15, 2026

      Public Services Workers’ Union Assures NIA Staff Will Resume Work Following NLC Directive

      May 15, 2026

      © 2020-2024. MyGhanaDaily. All Rights Reserved

      • About
      • Privacy
      • Terms of Service
      • Contact
      Recent Posts
      • Government Approves Recruitment of 8,000 Health Workers
      • Two Ghanaian Brothers and U.S.-Based Woman Indicted in U.S
      • Public Services Workers’ Union Assures NIA Staff Will Resume Work Following NLC Directive
      • eBay Rejects $55.5 Billion Takeover Bid from GameStop
      • JoyNews Impact Makers Awards to Honour Change-Makers Transforming Communities Across Ghana
      Like Us On Facebook
      Loading...
      • Facebook
      • Twitter
      • Instagram
      Banner
      © 2019 -2025 Copyright | MyGhanaDaily.com

      Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.