Close Menu
MyGhanaDaily
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    MyGhanaDaily
    Monday, May 18
    Trending
    • Two Ghanaian Brothers and U.S.-Based Woman Indicted in U.S
    • Public Services Workers’ Union Assures NIA Staff Will Resume Work Following NLC Directive
    • eBay Rejects $55.5 Billion Takeover Bid from GameStop
    • JoyNews Impact Makers Awards to Honour Change-Makers Transforming Communities Across Ghana
    • National House of Chiefs Raises Concerns Over Inadequate Allowances and Logistics
    • Korle Klottey Municipal Assembly Launches Revenue Drive to Boost IGF Collection
    • Thaksin Shinawatra Released from Prison After Eight Months
    • John Dramani Mahama to Chair Special Cabinet Meeting on Constitutional Review Proposals
    Your Marketplace Banner
    • News
    • Business
    • Entertainment
      • Music
      • Movies
      • Fashion
      • Celebrity news
    • Sports
    • Health
    • Technology
    • Agriculture
    • Opportunites
    • Videos
    • More
      • Education
      • Tourism
      • History
      • Feature
      • Opinion
      • World
    MyGhanaDaily
    Home»News»Heap of refuse breeds snakes, endangers lives of women, children-Nkonsia Chief 
    News

    Heap of refuse breeds snakes, endangers lives of women, children-Nkonsia Chief 

    myghanadailyBy myghanadailySeptember 4, 2024No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    SOcial Chief Appeal
    Getting your Trinity Audio player ready...

    The Chiefs, elders and the people of Nkonsia, a farming community in the Wenchi Municipality of the Bono Region have appealed for the evacuation of a heap of refuse left in the town for decades.

    According to Nana Adu Poku Asuma IV, the chief of the town, the old age refuse dump now served as breeding grounds for snakes, and other reptiles, and thereby, endangering the lives of children and women in particular.

    Send your stories to Email: myghanadaily@gmail.com • WhatsApp: +233 577 145 140

    Describing the situation as appalling, he said that had resulted in poor sanitation and expressed fear about outbreak communicable diseases in the area.

    Nana Asuma IV said the town also had no potable drinking water, with residents mostly depending on nearby streams and dug-out wells.

    In an interview with the Ghana News Agency (GNA) during a visit to the area, Nana Asuma IV regretted that the Nkonsia community had been left behind in development, without health facility, police station and durbar grounds and other social amenities.

    Nana Asuma IV bemoaned that work on the construction of a durbar ground in the community, being funded by the government, had been abandoned for years now, with the contractor nowhere to be traced.

    The Chief, therefore, appealed to Non-Governmental Organisations (NGOs) to come to their aid, and called on the Wenchi Municipal Assembly to evacuate the refuse dump as soon as possible to improve sanitation in the area.

    On the community’s readiness to participate in the December 7, polls, despite the development challenges confronting the town, Nana Asuma IV said though successive governments had neglected the area, that had not discouraged the people from participating in the electoral process.

    He, therefore, called on the political parties to remain decorous, and conduct issue-based campaigns that were geared towards tackling the development needs, and alleviating the plight of Ghanaians.

    Nana Asuma IV said political campaigns of insults, and unguarded statements would create unnecessary tensions in the political space and potentially fuel violence that would disturb the prevailing peace of the nation, and thereby, bring development backwards.

    “Elections are not a fight, but a contest of ideas, and we expect the political parties to convince us on what they can do differently to solve our pertinent problems”, the chief stated.

    Source: GNA

    Send your news stories to
    Email: myghanadaily@gmail.com • WhatsApp: +233 577 145 140
    Advertise with us | Follow our WhatsApp channel for more news
    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Previous ArticleGraphic, Zoomlion Cleanest Region Ranking technical committee inaugurated
    Next Article Ghana’s public health outcomes, accessibility improve – President Akufo-Addo
    myghanadaily

    myghanadaily is managed by the Publishing Desk. You can reach us via email; info@myghanadaily.com

    Related Posts

    Two Ghanaian Brothers and U.S.-Based Woman Indicted in U.S

    May 15, 2026

    Public Services Workers’ Union Assures NIA Staff Will Resume Work Following NLC Directive

    May 15, 2026

    eBay Rejects $55.5 Billion Takeover Bid from GameStop

    May 15, 2026
    LATEST NEWS
    • Two Ghanaian Brothers and U.S.-Based Woman Indicted in U.S
    • Public Services Workers’ Union Assures NIA Staff Will Resume Work Following NLC Directive
    • eBay Rejects $55.5 Billion Takeover Bid from GameStop
    • JoyNews Impact Makers Awards to Honour Change-Makers Transforming Communities Across Ghana
    • National House of Chiefs Raises Concerns Over Inadequate Allowances and Logistics
    SPORTS NEWS

    MILO U-13 Champions League Returns After Five-Year Break

    November 17, 2025

    2026 FIFA WCQ: Ghana beats Mali

    September 9, 2025

    The Black Stars Podcast: A six-part dive into Ghana’s football history, struggles and sparks of glory

    August 30, 2025

    2026 World Cup qualifiers: Black Stars set to open camp on September 1

    August 27, 2025

    Felix Afena-Gyan Joins Amedspor on Season-Long Loan

    August 21, 2025
    Site Search
    No feed found with the ID 1. Go to the All Feeds page and select an ID from an existing feed.

    • About
    • Privacy
    • Terms of Service
    • Contact
    Latest News

    Two Ghanaian Brothers and U.S.-Based Woman Indicted in U.S

    May 15, 2026

    Public Services Workers’ Union Assures NIA Staff Will Resume Work Following NLC Directive

    May 15, 2026

    eBay Rejects $55.5 Billion Takeover Bid from GameStop

    May 15, 2026

    JoyNews Impact Makers Awards to Honour Change-Makers Transforming Communities Across Ghana

    May 15, 2026
    About
    About

    myghanadaily.com is one of Ghana’s fastest-growing news platforms, delivering high-quality, creative, and independent news

    Contact us: info@myghanadaily.com

    We're social, connect with us:

      • Facebook
      • Twitter
      • Instagram
      • LinkedIn
      • Youtube
      • medium
      Popular Posts

      Two Ghanaian Brothers and U.S.-Based Woman Indicted in U.S

      May 15, 2026

      Public Services Workers’ Union Assures NIA Staff Will Resume Work Following NLC Directive

      May 15, 2026

      eBay Rejects $55.5 Billion Takeover Bid from GameStop

      May 15, 2026

      © 2020-2024. MyGhanaDaily. All Rights Reserved

      • About
      • Privacy
      • Terms of Service
      • Contact
      Recent Posts
      • Two Ghanaian Brothers and U.S.-Based Woman Indicted in U.S
      • Public Services Workers’ Union Assures NIA Staff Will Resume Work Following NLC Directive
      • eBay Rejects $55.5 Billion Takeover Bid from GameStop
      • JoyNews Impact Makers Awards to Honour Change-Makers Transforming Communities Across Ghana
      • National House of Chiefs Raises Concerns Over Inadequate Allowances and Logistics
      Like Us On Facebook
      Loading...
      • Facebook
      • Twitter
      • Instagram
      Banner
      © 2019 -2025 Copyright | MyGhanaDaily.com

      Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.