Close Menu
MyGhanaDaily
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    MyGhanaDaily
    Tuesday, May 19
    Trending
    • Ghana-UAE Gold Trade: From Extraction Dependency to Value Chain Repositioning
    • Ghana and UAE Deepen Strategic Energy and Investment Partnership Following Prez. Mahama’s Abu Dhabi Meeting
    • Government Approves Recruitment of 8,000 Health Workers
    • Two Ghanaian Brothers and U.S.-Based Woman Indicted in U.S
    • Public Services Workers’ Union Assures NIA Staff Will Resume Work Following NLC Directive
    • eBay Rejects $55.5 Billion Takeover Bid from GameStop
    • JoyNews Impact Makers Awards to Honour Change-Makers Transforming Communities Across Ghana
    • National House of Chiefs Raises Concerns Over Inadequate Allowances and Logistics
    Your Marketplace Banner
    • News
    • Business
    • Entertainment
      • Music
      • Movies
      • Fashion
      • Celebrity news
    • Sports
    • Health
    • Technology
    • Agriculture
    • Opportunites
    • Videos
    • More
      • Education
      • Tourism
      • History
      • Feature
      • Opinion
      • World
    MyGhanaDaily
    Home»Opportunites»Call for Applications»We can’t be under COVID-19 restrictions forever – Akufo-Addo
    Call for Applications

    We can’t be under COVID-19 restrictions forever – Akufo-Addo

    Janet SaahBy Janet SaahMay 25, 2020No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Prez. Addo
    President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo

    President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo has said that government is developing a roadmap to ease some of the COVID-19 restrictions in the country.

    Nana Addo said Ghanaians need to go back to their normal lives, hence the need to relax some of the restrictions.

    Send your stories to Email: myghanadaily@gmail.com • WhatsApp: +233 577 145 140

    Speaking at a virtual national Eid celebration in Accra, the president said: “We have to find a way back, but in safety, for we cannot be under these restrictions forever”.

    President Akufo-Addo said at the Eid ceremony that his confidence in easing the restrictions is “fortified” by three considerations: “Firstly, sad though any premature death is, the hard fact is that the rate of deaths in Ghana amongst confirmed cases is very low – one per one million, i.e. 0.0001%, one of the lowest in Africa, and, indeed, in the world, this, despite the very high number of tests we are carrying out”.

    “This has been so since the very beginning of the outbreak over two (2) months ago. The number of positive cases stands at six thousand, six hundred and eighty-three (6,683), out of one hundred and ninety-four thousand, seven hundred and sixty-three (194,763) tests conducted, with one thousand, nine hundred and ninety-eight (1,998) recoveries. This means that our positivity rate, that is the ratio of confirmed cases to the total number of tests conducted, is 3.43%, which, again, is one of the lowest in Africa, and in the world.

    “Furthermore, virtually all the thirty-two (32) corona-related deaths, that have so far been recorded, were of persons with, what the doctors call, comorbidity, i.e. with other underlying causes and diseases.

    No decision taken on when public gathering ban will be lifted – Akufo-Addo

    “Most of them died within twenty-four (24) hours of admission to hospital. May their souls rest in peace. It appears that, by the grace of God, Ghanaians are not dying of this virus in the numbers that were originally anticipated and feared”, he observed.

    Secondly, the president noted, the “numbers of severe virus cases that have been hospitalised have been persistently low since the outbreak”, adding: “The fear that our hospitals would be overburdened, and, indeed, overwhelmed has, so far, again by the grace of God, not materialised. As we speak, there are sixteen (16) severe cases in six (6) hospitals across the country, none of them on a ventilator. We pray for their speedy recovery”.

    Source: www.pulse.com.gh

    Send your news stories to
    Email: myghanadaily@gmail.com • WhatsApp: +233 577 145 140
    Advertise with us | Follow our WhatsApp channel for more news
    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Previous ArticleAkwatia: Youth group rejects appointment of new MD for GCDGL
    Next Article 245 deported Ghanaians quarantined at Ghanaman soccer center
    Janet Saah

    Related Posts

    Government Approves Recruitment of 8,000 Health Workers

    May 19, 2026

    Two Ghanaian Brothers and U.S.-Based Woman Indicted in U.S

    May 15, 2026

    Public Services Workers’ Union Assures NIA Staff Will Resume Work Following NLC Directive

    May 15, 2026
    LATEST NEWS
    • Ghana-UAE Gold Trade: From Extraction Dependency to Value Chain Repositioning
    • Ghana and UAE Deepen Strategic Energy and Investment Partnership Following Prez. Mahama’s Abu Dhabi Meeting
    • Government Approves Recruitment of 8,000 Health Workers
    • Two Ghanaian Brothers and U.S.-Based Woman Indicted in U.S
    • Public Services Workers’ Union Assures NIA Staff Will Resume Work Following NLC Directive
    SPORTS NEWS

    MILO U-13 Champions League Returns After Five-Year Break

    November 17, 2025

    2026 FIFA WCQ: Ghana beats Mali

    September 9, 2025

    The Black Stars Podcast: A six-part dive into Ghana’s football history, struggles and sparks of glory

    August 30, 2025

    2026 World Cup qualifiers: Black Stars set to open camp on September 1

    August 27, 2025

    Felix Afena-Gyan Joins Amedspor on Season-Long Loan

    August 21, 2025
    Site Search
    No feed found with the ID 1. Go to the All Feeds page and select an ID from an existing feed.

    • About
    • Privacy
    • Terms of Service
    • Contact
    Latest News

    Government Approves Recruitment of 8,000 Health Workers

    May 19, 2026

    Two Ghanaian Brothers and U.S.-Based Woman Indicted in U.S

    May 15, 2026

    Public Services Workers’ Union Assures NIA Staff Will Resume Work Following NLC Directive

    May 15, 2026

    eBay Rejects $55.5 Billion Takeover Bid from GameStop

    May 15, 2026
    About
    About

    myghanadaily.com is one of Ghana’s fastest-growing news platforms, delivering high-quality, creative, and independent news

    Contact us: info@myghanadaily.com

    We're social, connect with us:

      • Facebook
      • Twitter
      • Instagram
      • LinkedIn
      • Youtube
      • medium
      Popular Posts

      Ghana-UAE Gold Trade: From Extraction Dependency to Value Chain Repositioning

      May 19, 2026

      Ghana and UAE Deepen Strategic Energy and Investment Partnership Following Prez. Mahama’s Abu Dhabi Meeting

      May 19, 2026

      Government Approves Recruitment of 8,000 Health Workers

      May 19, 2026

      © 2020-2024. MyGhanaDaily. All Rights Reserved

      • About
      • Privacy
      • Terms of Service
      • Contact
      Recent Posts
      • Ghana-UAE Gold Trade: From Extraction Dependency to Value Chain Repositioning
      • Ghana and UAE Deepen Strategic Energy and Investment Partnership Following Prez. Mahama’s Abu Dhabi Meeting
      • Government Approves Recruitment of 8,000 Health Workers
      • Two Ghanaian Brothers and U.S.-Based Woman Indicted in U.S
      • Public Services Workers’ Union Assures NIA Staff Will Resume Work Following NLC Directive
      Like Us On Facebook
      Loading...
      • Facebook
      • Twitter
      • Instagram
      Banner
      © 2019 -2025 Copyright | MyGhanaDaily.com

      Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.