Close Menu
MyGhanaDaily
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    MyGhanaDaily
    Tuesday, May 19
    Trending
    • Government Approves Recruitment of 8,000 Health Workers
    • Two Ghanaian Brothers and U.S.-Based Woman Indicted in U.S
    • Public Services Workers’ Union Assures NIA Staff Will Resume Work Following NLC Directive
    • eBay Rejects $55.5 Billion Takeover Bid from GameStop
    • JoyNews Impact Makers Awards to Honour Change-Makers Transforming Communities Across Ghana
    • National House of Chiefs Raises Concerns Over Inadequate Allowances and Logistics
    • Korle Klottey Municipal Assembly Launches Revenue Drive to Boost IGF Collection
    • Thaksin Shinawatra Released from Prison After Eight Months
    Your Marketplace Banner
    • News
    • Business
    • Entertainment
      • Music
      • Movies
      • Fashion
      • Celebrity news
    • Sports
    • Health
    • Technology
    • Agriculture
    • Opportunites
    • Videos
    • More
      • Education
      • Tourism
      • History
      • Feature
      • Opinion
      • World
    MyGhanaDaily
    Home»News»GIS promotes 6 junior officers for rejecting bribes
    News

    GIS promotes 6 junior officers for rejecting bribes

    Janet SaahBy Janet SaahMay 13, 2020No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    immigration pro

    Six junior officers of the Ghana Immigration Service (GIS) have been promoted for their dedication to duty, particularly in the fight against the coronavirus disease (COVID-19).

    Five of the promoted officers, who are serving under the Northern Regional Immigration Command (NRIC), on May 3, this year, rejected a GH¢1,900 bribe offered them by 19 Burkinabes to be allowed entry into the country.

    Send your stories to Email: myghanadaily@gmail.com • WhatsApp: +233 577 145 140

    The sixth officer has been promoted for putting his life on the line while pursuing smugglers at the Hamile Border Post where he had been deployed for ‘Operation Conquered Fist’, sustaining gunshot wounds as a result, and was airlifted by the Ghana Air Force to the 37 Military Hospital in Accra for medical attention.

    The promotion, which took effect from May 8, this year, is in accordance with Regulation 17(1) (d) of the Immigration Service Regulations of 2016, L.I. 2245.

    The six officers are to be decorated with the new ranks at their commands.

    Bribery rejection

    The five officers who turned down the bribe are Assistant Inspector Lukman Tea Salifu, Immigration Control Officer (ICO) Christian Kobla Kekeli Zilevu, ICO Robert Ahiatrogah and Assistant Immigration Control Officers Grade II (AICO II) Eric Kobby Kpogo and Isaac Armah.

    The officers turned down a bribe offer of GH¢100 from each of the passengers and arrested the Burkinabes.

    lg.php?bannerid=129&campaignid=15&zoneid=15&loc=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.graphic.com.gh%2Fnews%2Fgeneral news%2Fgis promotes 6 junior officers for rejecting bribes.html&referer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.graphic.com

    ICO Marfo

    The GIS said ICO Marfo of the Kasoa District Command was, on March 22, 2020, shot by some unidentified men while on duty at the Hamile Border Post as part of the personnel deployed to various border posts for the ‘Operation Conquered Fist’.

    ICO Marfo, the service said, while on night duty with the patrol team, spotted some people trying to leave the country through the Hamile Border and stopped them for questioning.

    Not satisfied with the responses from the men, the patrol team tried to arrest them for trying to smuggle fuel out of the country, but another group of armed suspected smugglers arrived on the scene and began firing shots, one of which wounded ICO Marfo.

    He was rushed to the Emergency Unit of the St Theresa’s Hospital in Nandom for initial treatment and later airlifted by the Ghana Air Force to the 37 Military Hospital in Accra for further medical attention.

    ICO Marfo was currently in a stable condition, the GIS said.

    Source: www.graphic.com.gh

    Send your news stories to
    Email: myghanadaily@gmail.com • WhatsApp: +233 577 145 140
    Advertise with us | Follow our WhatsApp channel for more news
    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Previous ArticleBoG issues licence to Nsano Ltd as enhanced payment service provider
    Next Article NSS Board to hold crunch meeting over fate of 2020/2021 National Service Personnel
    Janet Saah

    Related Posts

    Government Approves Recruitment of 8,000 Health Workers

    May 19, 2026

    Two Ghanaian Brothers and U.S.-Based Woman Indicted in U.S

    May 15, 2026

    Public Services Workers’ Union Assures NIA Staff Will Resume Work Following NLC Directive

    May 15, 2026
    LATEST NEWS
    • Government Approves Recruitment of 8,000 Health Workers
    • Two Ghanaian Brothers and U.S.-Based Woman Indicted in U.S
    • Public Services Workers’ Union Assures NIA Staff Will Resume Work Following NLC Directive
    • eBay Rejects $55.5 Billion Takeover Bid from GameStop
    • JoyNews Impact Makers Awards to Honour Change-Makers Transforming Communities Across Ghana
    SPORTS NEWS

    MILO U-13 Champions League Returns After Five-Year Break

    November 17, 2025

    2026 FIFA WCQ: Ghana beats Mali

    September 9, 2025

    The Black Stars Podcast: A six-part dive into Ghana’s football history, struggles and sparks of glory

    August 30, 2025

    2026 World Cup qualifiers: Black Stars set to open camp on September 1

    August 27, 2025

    Felix Afena-Gyan Joins Amedspor on Season-Long Loan

    August 21, 2025
    Site Search
    No feed found with the ID 1. Go to the All Feeds page and select an ID from an existing feed.

    • About
    • Privacy
    • Terms of Service
    • Contact
    Latest News

    Government Approves Recruitment of 8,000 Health Workers

    May 19, 2026

    Two Ghanaian Brothers and U.S.-Based Woman Indicted in U.S

    May 15, 2026

    Public Services Workers’ Union Assures NIA Staff Will Resume Work Following NLC Directive

    May 15, 2026

    eBay Rejects $55.5 Billion Takeover Bid from GameStop

    May 15, 2026
    About
    About

    myghanadaily.com is one of Ghana’s fastest-growing news platforms, delivering high-quality, creative, and independent news

    Contact us: info@myghanadaily.com

    We're social, connect with us:

      • Facebook
      • Twitter
      • Instagram
      • LinkedIn
      • Youtube
      • medium
      Popular Posts

      Government Approves Recruitment of 8,000 Health Workers

      May 19, 2026

      Two Ghanaian Brothers and U.S.-Based Woman Indicted in U.S

      May 15, 2026

      Public Services Workers’ Union Assures NIA Staff Will Resume Work Following NLC Directive

      May 15, 2026

      © 2020-2024. MyGhanaDaily. All Rights Reserved

      • About
      • Privacy
      • Terms of Service
      • Contact
      Recent Posts
      • Government Approves Recruitment of 8,000 Health Workers
      • Two Ghanaian Brothers and U.S.-Based Woman Indicted in U.S
      • Public Services Workers’ Union Assures NIA Staff Will Resume Work Following NLC Directive
      • eBay Rejects $55.5 Billion Takeover Bid from GameStop
      • JoyNews Impact Makers Awards to Honour Change-Makers Transforming Communities Across Ghana
      Like Us On Facebook
      Loading...
      • Facebook
      • Twitter
      • Instagram
      Banner
      © 2019 -2025 Copyright | MyGhanaDaily.com

      Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.