Close Menu
MyGhanaDaily
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    MyGhanaDaily
    Tuesday, May 19
    Trending
    • Ghana and UAE Deepen Strategic Energy and Investment Partnership Following Prez. Mahama’s Abu Dhabi Meeting
    • Government Approves Recruitment of 8,000 Health Workers
    • Two Ghanaian Brothers and U.S.-Based Woman Indicted in U.S
    • Public Services Workers’ Union Assures NIA Staff Will Resume Work Following NLC Directive
    • eBay Rejects $55.5 Billion Takeover Bid from GameStop
    • JoyNews Impact Makers Awards to Honour Change-Makers Transforming Communities Across Ghana
    • National House of Chiefs Raises Concerns Over Inadequate Allowances and Logistics
    • Korle Klottey Municipal Assembly Launches Revenue Drive to Boost IGF Collection
    Your Marketplace Banner
    • News
    • Business
    • Entertainment
      • Music
      • Movies
      • Fashion
      • Celebrity news
    • Sports
    • Health
    • Technology
    • Agriculture
    • Opportunites
    • Videos
    • More
      • Education
      • Tourism
      • History
      • Feature
      • Opinion
      • World
    MyGhanaDaily
    Home»News»AMA pulls down structures at Jamestown beach For Fishing harbour project
    News

    AMA pulls down structures at Jamestown beach For Fishing harbour project

    Janet SaahBy Janet SaahMay 21, 2020No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Jamestown

    The Accra Metropolitan Assembly (AMA) has demolished hundreds of structures at the Jamestown beach enclave to pave the way for work to begin on the Jamestown Fishing Harbour project.

    The demolition exercise, which began at about 5a.m, saw city officials and armed policemen storm the coastal community to pull down a string of wooden structures and other buildings.

    Send your stories to Email: myghanadaily@gmail.com • WhatsApp: +233 577 145 140

    When the Daily Graphic got to the area around 11am, some bulldozers were seen pulling down buildings while the fisherfolk and some squatters watched on without any resistance.

    Many of them were trying to salvage their belongings while others, including women and children, sat in despair and dejection.

    Residents impressed

    Some of the residents the Daily Graphic spoke to, said the AMA had engaged them prior to the demolition and that gave them the opportunity to take out their belongings.

    The Chief Fisherman of Jamestown, Nii Armah Wulu, said the community members were in support of the exercise because the AMA had duly engaged them about the importance of the project.

    “The AMA gave us letters about the demolition and held meetings with us. The exercise was supposed to have happened earlier but because of the partial lockdown of Accra, it was delayed,” he said.

    Assurance

    The Head of Public Relations at AMA, Mr Gilbert Nii Ankrah, said all was set for the project to take off.

    “The project will start as soon as possible. It is under the supervision of the Ministry of Fisheries and Aquaculture Development (MoFAD) but because the area falls under the jurisdiction of AMA, we are ensuring that the demolition exercise is done to pave the way for it to be implemented,” he said.

    He added that measures had been put in place to compensate legal residents of the area who had suffered some losses.

    Read also;

    Construction of Jamestown Fishing Harbour to begin January 2020 – Adjei Sowah

    The project

    The Jamestown Fishing Harbour project is in three major parts.

    It involves the dredging of about 118,000 cubic metres harbour basin and shipping channels; construction of hydraulic structures composed of berths, seawall and a break water; and construction of administration, production and supporting facilities, including an office building, kindergarten, trading market, processing area, commercial area and other production and supporting facilities.

    Source: www.graphic.com.gh

    Send your news stories to
    Email: myghanadaily@gmail.com • WhatsApp: +233 577 145 140
    Advertise with us | Follow our WhatsApp channel for more news
    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Previous ArticleMinority files motion seeking Parliamentary rejection of C.I which allows EC to register new voters
    Next Article 5 reasons why women avoid serious relationships
    Janet Saah

    Related Posts

    Government Approves Recruitment of 8,000 Health Workers

    May 19, 2026

    Two Ghanaian Brothers and U.S.-Based Woman Indicted in U.S

    May 15, 2026

    Public Services Workers’ Union Assures NIA Staff Will Resume Work Following NLC Directive

    May 15, 2026
    LATEST NEWS
    • Ghana and UAE Deepen Strategic Energy and Investment Partnership Following Prez. Mahama’s Abu Dhabi Meeting
    • Government Approves Recruitment of 8,000 Health Workers
    • Two Ghanaian Brothers and U.S.-Based Woman Indicted in U.S
    • Public Services Workers’ Union Assures NIA Staff Will Resume Work Following NLC Directive
    • eBay Rejects $55.5 Billion Takeover Bid from GameStop
    SPORTS NEWS

    MILO U-13 Champions League Returns After Five-Year Break

    November 17, 2025

    2026 FIFA WCQ: Ghana beats Mali

    September 9, 2025

    The Black Stars Podcast: A six-part dive into Ghana’s football history, struggles and sparks of glory

    August 30, 2025

    2026 World Cup qualifiers: Black Stars set to open camp on September 1

    August 27, 2025

    Felix Afena-Gyan Joins Amedspor on Season-Long Loan

    August 21, 2025
    Site Search
    No feed found with the ID 1. Go to the All Feeds page and select an ID from an existing feed.

    • About
    • Privacy
    • Terms of Service
    • Contact
    Latest News

    Government Approves Recruitment of 8,000 Health Workers

    May 19, 2026

    Two Ghanaian Brothers and U.S.-Based Woman Indicted in U.S

    May 15, 2026

    Public Services Workers’ Union Assures NIA Staff Will Resume Work Following NLC Directive

    May 15, 2026

    eBay Rejects $55.5 Billion Takeover Bid from GameStop

    May 15, 2026
    About
    About

    myghanadaily.com is one of Ghana’s fastest-growing news platforms, delivering high-quality, creative, and independent news

    Contact us: info@myghanadaily.com

    We're social, connect with us:

      • Facebook
      • Twitter
      • Instagram
      • LinkedIn
      • Youtube
      • medium
      Popular Posts

      Ghana and UAE Deepen Strategic Energy and Investment Partnership Following Prez. Mahama’s Abu Dhabi Meeting

      May 19, 2026

      Government Approves Recruitment of 8,000 Health Workers

      May 19, 2026

      Two Ghanaian Brothers and U.S.-Based Woman Indicted in U.S

      May 15, 2026

      © 2020-2024. MyGhanaDaily. All Rights Reserved

      • About
      • Privacy
      • Terms of Service
      • Contact
      Recent Posts
      • Ghana and UAE Deepen Strategic Energy and Investment Partnership Following Prez. Mahama’s Abu Dhabi Meeting
      • Government Approves Recruitment of 8,000 Health Workers
      • Two Ghanaian Brothers and U.S.-Based Woman Indicted in U.S
      • Public Services Workers’ Union Assures NIA Staff Will Resume Work Following NLC Directive
      • eBay Rejects $55.5 Billion Takeover Bid from GameStop
      Like Us On Facebook
      Loading...
      • Facebook
      • Twitter
      • Instagram
      Banner
      © 2019 -2025 Copyright | MyGhanaDaily.com

      Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.