Close Menu
MyGhanaDaily
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    MyGhanaDaily
    Tuesday, May 19
    Trending
    • Ghana and UAE Deepen Strategic Energy and Investment Partnership Following Prez. Mahama’s Abu Dhabi Meeting
    • Government Approves Recruitment of 8,000 Health Workers
    • Two Ghanaian Brothers and U.S.-Based Woman Indicted in U.S
    • Public Services Workers’ Union Assures NIA Staff Will Resume Work Following NLC Directive
    • eBay Rejects $55.5 Billion Takeover Bid from GameStop
    • JoyNews Impact Makers Awards to Honour Change-Makers Transforming Communities Across Ghana
    • National House of Chiefs Raises Concerns Over Inadequate Allowances and Logistics
    • Korle Klottey Municipal Assembly Launches Revenue Drive to Boost IGF Collection
    Your Marketplace Banner
    • News
    • Business
    • Entertainment
      • Music
      • Movies
      • Fashion
      • Celebrity news
    • Sports
    • Health
    • Technology
    • Agriculture
    • Opportunites
    • Videos
    • More
      • Education
      • Tourism
      • History
      • Feature
      • Opinion
      • World
    MyGhanaDaily
    Home»News»W/R: 36 persons stopped from crossing Ghana-Ivory Coast border illegally
    News

    W/R: 36 persons stopped from crossing Ghana-Ivory Coast border illegally

    Janet SaahBy Janet SaahMay 14, 2020Updated:May 15, 2020No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    0281109c 5606 4244 bdd4 8f778023934c 750x375 1

    Thirty-six persons have been arrested for attempting to enter Ivory Coast through unapproved routes in the Western Region.

    These persons were arrested on May 12 and May 13 by immigration officers in the region.

    Send your stories to Email: myghanadaily@gmail.com • WhatsApp: +233 577 145 140

    On May 12, a team of Immigration officers on patrol picked up 12 Burkinabes a Ghanaian and a baby, belonging to one of two Burkinabe women who were arrested, were intercepted and prevented from using one of the unapproved points at Nzemtenu near Appollenu in the Jomoro District.

    According to a release from the region, the Half Asini command of the Ghana Immigration Service cited cooperation from concerned community members as being instrumental in the May 12 arrests.

    “Investigations revealed that these suspects are unrelated and therefore had accidentally arrived at Nzentenu community almost at the same time; that explains their arrest at different locations within the community.”

    After their arrests, Port Health Officials took their samples for testing has quarantined them.

    The borders were closed in a bid to stop the spread of COVID-19 amid the ongoing pandemic.

    On these persons arrested, the Assistant Inspector Manford Akakpo, the Western Regional Public Relations Officer of the Ghana Immigration Service said: “The municipal security council met and decided they should be quarantined and their samples take after which their results will determine their fate. Currently, 13 people have been quarantined.”

    For the May 13 arrests, 11 Ivorian nationals were intercepted at Berlin, an unapproved entry point near the Newtown Border Post.

    They have since been escorted back to the Ivorian security to be returned, according to the service.

    On the same day, two Nigerians, one Ivorian, one Guinean, on Beninese and seven Burkinables were refused entry int Ghana at Appolenu.

    Arrest in Upper West

    In a related development, one other Burkinabe has been arrested in the Upper West Region after the arrest and repatriation of five Burkinabes on Tuesday.

    This latest arrest brings the number to 205 of foreign nationals arrested on the Ghana-Burkina Faso border in the Upper West Region.

    The Upper West Regional Public Relations Officer of the Ghana Immigration Service, Ibn Yussif Duranah said there were plans for arrests of persons attempting illegal border crossings.

    “So far about we have arrested the person and we were laying an ambush for another arrest.”

    Source: citinewsroom.com

    Send your news stories to
    Email: myghanadaily@gmail.com • WhatsApp: +233 577 145 140
    Advertise with us | Follow our WhatsApp channel for more news
    featured
    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Previous ArticleGhanaian, Ugandan scientists research into COVID-19 drugs
    Next Article Government begins post coronavirus safety measures engagements
    Janet Saah

    Related Posts

    Government Approves Recruitment of 8,000 Health Workers

    May 19, 2026

    Two Ghanaian Brothers and U.S.-Based Woman Indicted in U.S

    May 15, 2026

    Public Services Workers’ Union Assures NIA Staff Will Resume Work Following NLC Directive

    May 15, 2026
    LATEST NEWS
    • Ghana and UAE Deepen Strategic Energy and Investment Partnership Following Prez. Mahama’s Abu Dhabi Meeting
    • Government Approves Recruitment of 8,000 Health Workers
    • Two Ghanaian Brothers and U.S.-Based Woman Indicted in U.S
    • Public Services Workers’ Union Assures NIA Staff Will Resume Work Following NLC Directive
    • eBay Rejects $55.5 Billion Takeover Bid from GameStop
    SPORTS NEWS

    MILO U-13 Champions League Returns After Five-Year Break

    November 17, 2025

    2026 FIFA WCQ: Ghana beats Mali

    September 9, 2025

    The Black Stars Podcast: A six-part dive into Ghana’s football history, struggles and sparks of glory

    August 30, 2025

    2026 World Cup qualifiers: Black Stars set to open camp on September 1

    August 27, 2025

    Felix Afena-Gyan Joins Amedspor on Season-Long Loan

    August 21, 2025
    Site Search
    No feed found with the ID 1. Go to the All Feeds page and select an ID from an existing feed.

    • About
    • Privacy
    • Terms of Service
    • Contact
    Latest News

    Government Approves Recruitment of 8,000 Health Workers

    May 19, 2026

    Two Ghanaian Brothers and U.S.-Based Woman Indicted in U.S

    May 15, 2026

    Public Services Workers’ Union Assures NIA Staff Will Resume Work Following NLC Directive

    May 15, 2026

    eBay Rejects $55.5 Billion Takeover Bid from GameStop

    May 15, 2026
    About
    About

    myghanadaily.com is one of Ghana’s fastest-growing news platforms, delivering high-quality, creative, and independent news

    Contact us: info@myghanadaily.com

    We're social, connect with us:

      • Facebook
      • Twitter
      • Instagram
      • LinkedIn
      • Youtube
      • medium
      Popular Posts

      Ghana and UAE Deepen Strategic Energy and Investment Partnership Following Prez. Mahama’s Abu Dhabi Meeting

      May 19, 2026

      Government Approves Recruitment of 8,000 Health Workers

      May 19, 2026

      Two Ghanaian Brothers and U.S.-Based Woman Indicted in U.S

      May 15, 2026

      © 2020-2024. MyGhanaDaily. All Rights Reserved

      • About
      • Privacy
      • Terms of Service
      • Contact
      Recent Posts
      • Ghana and UAE Deepen Strategic Energy and Investment Partnership Following Prez. Mahama’s Abu Dhabi Meeting
      • Government Approves Recruitment of 8,000 Health Workers
      • Two Ghanaian Brothers and U.S.-Based Woman Indicted in U.S
      • Public Services Workers’ Union Assures NIA Staff Will Resume Work Following NLC Directive
      • eBay Rejects $55.5 Billion Takeover Bid from GameStop
      Like Us On Facebook
      Loading...
      • Facebook
      • Twitter
      • Instagram
      Banner
      © 2019 -2025 Copyright | MyGhanaDaily.com

      Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.